Select Trac II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drag Line

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2011 Liberty with the 3022 tag on the transfer case.

Jeep states through the VIN Tag search that it is a Select Trac II. This model of STII is supposed to have a Limited Slip Differential that should be locking the front & rear axle together for a 48%:52% torque split when needed.

I have read that the transfer case uses the same ATF+4 fluid as the 42RLE main box.

Questions are;

#1 is that the correct fluid or is there some different or better I should be using?

#2 Does that Limited Slip in the transfer case have friction clutch packs & need the additional clutch pack additives or is it a mechanical system like an Eaton TruTrac so just the fluid is OK without the additives?

Thank you all in advance for the information.

Drag Line

Reaction score
Update on the 3022, Select Trac II transfer case.

ATF+4 fluid is the fluid to use, as per Jeep and numerous differential/transfer case rebuilders.

The STII does have plated friction clutch packs. It is INFERRED but not stated the ATF+4 fluid acts the same as the friction additive recommended for plated limited slip clutch discs in differentials.

I have yet to find out who provided the LS components for this transfer case.