Second OME Lift questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Can Liberator

Reaction score
Greetings Folks:
Hope all are keeping well and keeping optimistic.
After a successful OME lift of my son's 03 KJ, it's Dad's turn.
Man, does that really make a difference, off roading has been a hoot!!
We're in the foothills of the Rocky's and we've been in some hairy stuff with that machine!!
Sadly, it's been impossible to buy OME N132L shocks but I've managed to grab some OME 60069's.
With that in mind, I'm using OME all around with 927's in front and 948's in the back.
With the shorter shock length, should I add pucks on the lower rear spring perch or not??
I was thinking maybe just one puck??
Also, if I'm not replacing the UCA's on the front ( did Moog's a year ago) shoud I loosen them up
and reset them when I finish the front end??

Take y'all and hope we have a good summer.....in the bush!!

Cheers, Brian

Sorry folks, I dropped this in the KK forum instead of the KJ! Doha! 64 year old brain is my excuse!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
60069s are too short to begin with
Did you check ALLJs for the 132Ls ? ( boulderbars.com )
Adding extra rear bumpstops is opposite in a way to go
You need to add two additional bumpstops anyways if using stock wheels

Can Liberator

Reaction score
Tom:
Thanks for getting back to me, and nice to hear from you.
We've done 2 now with the N132L's and they worked great.
I've tried all usual places, including All J's, and spoke with Heather and we are 3-6 months away for the long shocks.
I chatted with the boys at ARB USA and they said the 60069s are not perfect but they will do the job.
I've tried tracking down Bilstein 24-185240's and 24-185660's and there ain't none around that I can find.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. You were right about the OME springs we've pretty much standardized our rigs on them.
I know there's a difference in the shock length but the guys at ARB said that will work, ain't the best but it'll do.
Heather said she can get em to me by next weekend. We've got a spring bear hunt coming up and we want all 3 rigs on the trail.
Thanks again and any hints are definitely appreciated.
I've followed your advise with success so far.

Bri

Can Liberator

Reaction score
Bilstein 33-185859
try them ??
Those are 99-04 Dakota Club cab 4x4 ones and right length

Tom: thanks for the hint, I've found the shocks! Good to have the right length. You're a good man! I'mgoing to loosen the upper control arms pivot bolts when I put her on the ground then go around and tighten everything up. We replaced the uppers on the other two so they were loose before we hit the ground to tighten it all up to torque specs.
Thanks again for your help and wisdom. Brian

Latest posts

Members online