Seat Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to replace the seat covers on my "new to me" 2005 Sport. The previous owner had a little dog that pretty much destroyed the seat covers front and back. The interior is "beige" (brown?) and all the vinyl and plastic look pretty good (Jeep only has 60K miles) but anything cloth or carpet the little mutt tore, chewed or soiled.

The dealership gave me the "little old lady" story when I bought it but it turned out to be true. Lots of paperwork in the woman's name was in the glovebox and I called her about some missing keys - she sounded like she was 70 and admitted she didn't drive it much because her dead husband left her a Caddillac too.

Is there a quality after market supplier? One that actually fits or was designed specifically for Liberties?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
How much quality are you willing to pay for? I have seen some beautiful custom covers which might cost you 400-500 dollars. On the other end, you can get a set which at least covers the old beat up seats for as little as $60. Give us a price range and you'll get some suggestions. :)

Hockeygoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To cover front and back I'd like to keep it in the $200 (or under) range. If something was exceptionally nice for another $40-$50 more I'd probably pop for it.

jaywatch_3

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the same thing, but they claim they only fit the wrangler. Might just have to suck it up, order a set and just return them if they don't fit!

jaywatch_3

Reaction score
Ok, I went and ordered the Smittybilt G.E.A.R seat covers. Yes they will fit, but require some patience and some creativity when it comes to the lower seat portion. The lumbar/upper part of the seat work great! The lower seat portion of the cover (where your rear goes) is a bit small and the front MOLLE straps aren’t really usable once you get everything in place. I’ve had to adjust mine a few times and think I might have it dialed in now. I originally bought these to help protect the front seats as KJ seats are known to be stained by air passing across them, but these didn’t cover as much of the lower seat as I would have liked (coverage is about 80% depending on how you adjust them). The upper portion on the other hand has almost 95% (there is a little space on the side of the seat where the Velcro adjustment straps are). To those of you with power front seats, these will still work, but just know that the switch will need to be operated through the cover. As far as storage goes, these things are awesome! Seven different sized pouches come with each cover (yes you have to buy each seat cover individually) and with the webbing on the back you get full customization on what you use/where it goes. I wish Smittybilt would have made the lower portion as adjustable as the upper and gone with a Velcro type of system v/s the dinky little bungee cords they used on the lower of this cover. Despite my complaints with the lower portion, I still like these covers and would recommend them to someone else.

You must be registered for see images attach

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I went and ordered the Smittybilt G.E.A.R seat covers. Yes they will fit, but require some patience and some creativity when it comes to the lower seat portion. The lumbar/upper part of the seat work great! The lower seat portion of the cover (where your rear goes) is a bit small and the front MOLLE straps aren’t really usable once you get everything in place. I’ve had to adjust mine a few times and think I might have it dialed in now. I originally bought these to help protect the front seats as KJ seats are known to be stained by air passing across them, but these didn’t cover as much of the lower seat as I would have liked (coverage is about 80% depending on how you adjust them). The upper portion on the other hand has almost 95% (there is a little space on the side of the seat where the Velcro adjustment straps are). To those of you with power front seats, these will still work, but just know that the switch will need to be operated through the cover. As far as storage goes, these things are awesome! Seven different sized pouches come with each cover (yes you have to buy each seat cover individually) and with the webbing on the back you get full customization on what you use/where it goes. I wish Smittybilt would have made the lower portion as adjustable as the upper and gone with a Velcro type of system v/s the dinky little bungee cords they used on the lower of this cover. Despite my complaints with the lower portion, I still like these covers and would recommend them to someone else.

Those look awesome, I have been meaning to order a pair for myself, My Renegade is Cactus Green with black interior, I think the OD would look sweet!

Latest posts

Members online