Sea Foam w/ VIDEO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Edit: Link pulled on this site due to possible hydro lock if done the way my vid shows. i didnt realize this was not the best way to use sea foam until TJKJ2000 spoke up. And for so many years i thought i was doing it the right way.

well, sorry guys, everyone makes mistakes. now off to read up on using water injection as a cleaner instead.

Last edited:

Jaymansomething

Reaction score
Holy smoke, you weren't kidding! Good vid. I ended up getting caught up watching a few more of your other videos. Kept me pretty entertained for 15 minutes lol

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the incorrect way which can lead to hydrolocking the engine.All that smoke is just the seafoam being burned in the cats since it was introduced to fast and in a unsafe/uncontrolled manner.

Besides being a very bad cleaner(seafoam) the correct way to inject a intake cleaner is via a vacuum hose closest to the throttle body and at a very slow rate.16oz over 30-40mins with the engine at 1200-1400rpm's.You don't want to see a "smoke show" since that means the cleaner is doing it's job and is being unburned in the combustion chamber and being burned in the cat(s).

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a big exhaust leak. Is it towards the front, because the smoke...eh I mean steam should be coming out the tailpipe. And yeah, you dumped the stuff in way too fast. The concept is to gradually steam clean the combustion chamber, heck, even water works for that (look up water injection).

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If done right water is about the best cleaner for the combustion chamber.

hmmm. ill have to read more on this. anything else to ad on the the water? slow and steady? small pinhole stream or spray?

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the incorrect way which can lead to hydrolocking the engine.All that smoke is just the seafoam being burned in the cats since it was introduced to fast and in a unsafe/uncontrolled manner.

Besides being a very bad cleaner(seafoam) the correct way to inject a intake cleaner is via a vacuum hose closest to the throttle body and at a very slow rate.16oz over 30-40mins with the engine at 1200-1400rpm's.You don't want to see a "smoke show" since that means the cleaner is doing it's job and is being unburned in the combustion chamber and being burned in the cat(s).
well ty for the info. i didnt realize i was going to fast. thats all ive ever read when reading about this stuff. well i think im going to kill the link.