Scratches on hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my friends were playin football in the rain a few days ago and the ball was covered in sand and it hit my hood! now ive got a 6x6 spot of scratches and i need some guidance on how to remove/hide it. HJ, you know the most about detailing so what should i do? BTW I have rubbing compound and i used it and then rewaxed over it but i can still see it.
You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Only thing I would use is Meguire's Ultimate Compound... then re wax. That stuff is magic, any other compound will make it worse.

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That rubbing compound is garbage. Chunk it into the trash.

There are two things you can try...

1) Meguiar's ScratchX

2) Meguiar's Ultimate Compound

Either way, they have to be working into the surface. They aren't wipe on/wipe off products. Work the area very well over and over and you should see results.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Could also use Meguire's Swirl X, but I think Ultimate Compound would be better for this.

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
Could also use Meguire's Swirl X, but I think Ultimate Compound would be better for this.

I just bought Meguire's ultimate compound and used it for after I De-badged this week-end....I gotta say, HJ really knows his detailing stuff. I completed 2 coats and after 8 years of those badges being on ....it got rid of just about everything. A+ for this product

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's a great product, I love it. :D Make sure to wax afterwards too.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got some trail rash and was thinking of trying that Maguires Ultimate Compound. Do you guys think it is the best thing to try?

Dave

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
I got some trail rash and was thinking of trying that Maguires Ultimate Compound. Do you guys think it is the best thing to try?

Dave

I tried old fashion compound last month, didn't do anything and was more work...When I used the meguire's today, it didn't make it all disappear, but it looked 100% better and it is very easy to use.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Dave

Yes....I'd also pick up Meguire's #2 polish, a clay kit, and some Carnuaba Wax.

And your KJ can look like this: :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried old fashion compound last month, didn't do anything and was more work...When I used the meguire's today, it didn't make it all disappear, but it looked 100% better and it is very easy to use.

Thanks familyKJ. I will try it then after I get around to getting the mud off that is hiding the scratches.....haha

Dave

kbooneKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^random?^^ yea I got a Manik brushguard that im getting tired of having that ill sell....it will be a bit** to ship though