salt stains on carpet...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Try Bulls Eye from Grainger....strongest carpet cleaner out there I'm aware of...:)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what "the best" is but I used "Blue Magic" carpet stain and spot lifter. Got it at wallymart in a blue can. It worked pretty good. Then I bought a set of "Husky Liners" to use for the winter and they kept it free of salt stains. I just took them out and put in my summer mats.

Dave

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try Bulls Eye from Grainger....strongest carpet cleaner out there I'm aware of...:)

wjkj....where did you get that one??

Dave

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if its just the mats then throw them in the clothes washer with some towels and they are good as new, dont put the mats on top put the towels on top if you can help it, the mats can get caught up top and rub

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
wjkj....where did you get that one??

Dave

Grainger... I know they still make Bull's Eye, because I got some while I house trained my dog. Very strong, a lot more than spot shot.

I question though there is a Grainger by you...but check their site.

slickmainer

Reaction score
good question and thanks for the answers. I have black interior and I just know with one Maine winter it's gonna be shot to hell. I used LLBean Waterhog mats in my old car and it did pretty good but it had sand color interior so it was a little harder to see, this black is gonna kill me come salt and sand time.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
good question and thanks for the answers. I have black interior and I just know with one Maine winter it's gonna be shot to hell. I used LLBean Waterhog mats in my old car and it did pretty good but it had sand color interior so it was a little harder to see, this black is gonna kill me come salt and sand time.

Get Weather Tech or Husty Liner floor mats....I'd have those if salt was an issue here....:)

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The floor mats in my Explorer where like concrete by the end of the winter. I soaked them in hot water (in the tub) for a few hours and Oxicleaned them. Needless to say, the salt bleached the mats, and then never did regain their fabric feel. Felt more like a broom. Now I have Weather Tech floor liners for the KJ to avoid the same problem.

Boiler

Reaction score
You've got to get some husky liners or weathertechs. My huskies are easily the best "investment" I've made since buying the liberty. Don't wait!

I like them year round for rain, mud, etc. Just makes it so easy to clean out all those little rocks too. Save's on vaccuming...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Catch Alls, after 6 years they are cracking, which I am planning to call and ask for replacement since they supposed to have lifetime warranty.

Latest posts

Members online