SabaII's BERT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its high time I started one of these journals. I am slowly but surely getting my KJ up to what I want it while keeping it maintained. If you check my sig the way I am going is more of an overland type of Jeep. I rarely hit ******** trails but do get out and about while camping/fishing. Logging trails are just too tempting when up north ha ha.

Anyway it needs to be protected because I cannot afford to get stuck out far away from anyone due to a hole in something. Also needs to haul all of my gear and four people at the same time. This will follow me on my slow journey with BERT. I hope to have it to what I need in a couple of years.

When I got it. About a week later I went up to Leech Lake fishing at my uncles cabin. Unfortunately I did not get any pics of the logging trail adventure. I eventually had to turn back as I was the only Jeep out there.

You must be registered for see images attach

About a year later I got some new wheels and tires. Soft 8s and 235/75/16 Hankook Dynapro ATMs. Tires are good all around tire for anyone on a budget like me. I will upgrade in the future when finances allow. Pics were taken at Traverse de Souix in St. Peter MN.

Removed bug shield and snapped some pics with hopefully a future project.

Most important mod.

MN pool

First decent tow with it. It went quite well. I know there is not much tongue weight with these dollys but it yanked the weight around just fine.

Big pancake.

Did plugs the other night. Guy was really cocky about me needing plug wires, I let him think he might be right for a minute... then he found out it was C.O.P. :happy175: He then tried to sell me on platinum. :disgust: It was a late job so I needed something to keep me chipper. If anyone comes to MN I highly recommend you try some Grainbelt Nordeast. Or just tour the Schells Brewery in New Ulm. Its like 5 bucks and you get to taste all of the beers and get free beer.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. Is that old Willys p/u yours?

Dave

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pics. Is that old Willys p/u yours?

Dave

I really wish it was. It's one of my good friends fathers. It was his dd up until the early 90s. He got so much greif from people about it he finally parked it back there and forgot about it. I have been bugging him for a few years to let us get it in the garage. Hoping he will give in one of these days.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Libby.

Grainbelt Nordeast is pretty good, and Schell's Oktoberfest is excellent.....for Minnesota beer anyway.:p

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Libby.

Grainbelt Nordeast is pretty good, and Schell's Oktoberfest is excellent.....for Minnesota beer anyway.:p

Ah Wisconsin beer isn't too bad either. I normally am a Premium guy but felt a little fancy that night and went for the Nordeast.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score

Love this shot! (cool)

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Took that with my phone ha ha. 10mp Camera on a phone doesn't hurt! I will have to put it in pic of the month when it falls in to the category.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some more stuff done. Finally starting to check off some things on my list in my sig!

Crossbars on.

Notice the missing center caps.

Basket up

Next is lights up there along with some touching up of certain areas. Also some small items.

First small item. I knew about the rust, but it wasn't until a few people said something I finally decided to get it done.

After taking all of the loose rust off I was left with some pretty shotty looking pieces.

So I got some 1/8" steel and made my own.

Much better with some bedliner on it!

Next small item. Damn cheap center caps got what they needed.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to be putting in a sub and amp in the next couple of weeks. I did a How-to write up on replacing the Infinities up in the front doors. I have some Kenwoods in there now and they really took away the lows which is fine since they are not ment for that. Thats why I am getting a sub. I plan to mount the amp under one of the seats to get it out of the way. Then running all the wiring so that the sub and box can easily be removed for when I need the space.

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well got my front tow hooks installed. Sub and amp are on the back burner for now. Need to get this thing all cleaned up and will get some pics one of these days!

I have some noise coming from the front end and it looks like it is coming from the UCA's. I think the bushings are shot so I will be doing the OME springs over Rancho shocks with Al's UCA's. Planning to try and get this done before it gets too cold.

Then will come the skid plates. By that point I hope to be proficient enough with my welder that I will be able to make my own sliders. So by next summer I am hoping to be able to hit some good trails.

Latest posts

Members online