Ryan's Jeep Wrecking Yard Discovery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You gotta love a wrecking yard that actually removes the parts then neatly stores them. It sure beats crawling under some twisted wreck in the mud & oil to pull parts off.

The wrecking yards I frequent have very few Liberty's but I enjoy poking through them looking for stuff I can use. Beware of electrical stuff though. The last item I bought, an electric rad fan, had bad brushes. But I managed to get it working with some of the parts from my burnt up rad fan.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When they where doing that cash for clunkers stuff I seen a Liberty that had no rust and was in great shape sitting in our local junk yard...its now ***** of parts but still, the thing was mint, all because it didn't get the greatest gas mileage.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When they where doing that cash for clunkers stuff I seen a Liberty that had no rust and was in great shape sitting in our local junk yard...its now ***** of parts but still, the thing was mint, all because it didn't get the greatest gas mileage.

That "Cash for Clunkers" program has to be the biggest government run scam in American history.....
Prior to the program the Ford Focus was selling between $3,000.00 to $3,500.00 less, after the program started, they were selling for that much more, so there went almost your entire trade-in value. On top of that people were getting $4,000.00 for vehicles worth far more, then to add insult to injury you had to pay income tax on the $4,000.00 value you received at the end of the year.
The only people that actually made out...(and that's even questionable).... were those who traded in really old, used up, worthless junk, and got the $4,000.00 credit, but even then they paid more for the new car than it was selling for only months earlier, and they were still on the hook for the income tax......:rolleyes: