Rusty's suspension kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJLiLTanK

Reaction score
I'm still researching lifts for my kj.

Opinions on the Rusty's suspension kit?

I really want to get as much info as possible before I buy. thanks in advance.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed 2 Rusty's kits, a frankenlift, OME lift, etc. They are all quality lift kits. The best value out of them all has to be Rusty's. You get 4 new springs along new shocks and struts for about 450. Most spacer lifts run 250-300 and you don't even get new shocks and struts.

KJLiLTanK

Reaction score
ARB bullbar & Rusty's

Thanks for the insight Eddo...

I read on another KJ forum that the weight from the ARB bullbar will cause the Rusty's suspension lift to sag.

Is this a definite? Anybody w/a Rusty's lift have this issue?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: ARB bullbar & Rusty's

KJLiLTanK said:
Thanks for the insight Eddo...

I read on another KJ forum that the weight from the ARB bullbar will cause the Rusty's suspension lift to sag.

Is this a definite? Anybody w/a Rusty's lift have this issue?

Yes, you're going to sag. The ARB will make any lift sag.
Order the H.D. front springs with your kit especially if you're going to add a winch to it. Guys are also using Rusty's strut plates to compensate. https://rustysoffroad.com/Merchant2...GY&Store_Code=rustys&Category_Code=sus_kj_par

KJLiLTanK

Reaction score
lifts

What if I just replace my suspension with all OME parts. I read it will give me a 1.5" lift plus a much better ride.

This true?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to cars. I want to upgrade my KJ's look, but dont want to hurt the ride. Enhancing both the ride and look is ideal.

Thanks.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
My Rusty's kit with Rancho shocks rides just like stock....

Heads up... if you order from rusty tell him you want rancho rsx shocks for a little extra money... It's worth it.

Rusty's definely gives the most bang for your buck imho.

Bennett

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ome kit does ride REALLY good, and they is not just the shocks, its the springs also. The ome kit cost much more than any other kit, it almost as much as the franken lift b/c thats what the franken lift is plus a spacer on the front. Just rememer, you only get 1.5in of lift with it, which does help alot off road if you get good/bigger tires. If you just want a good simple lift that rides the same or better than stock, then get the rustys kit.