Rusty's spacer lift and shocks

• Good Lift / Bad Shocks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good Lift / Good Shocks

• Bad Lift / Good Shocks

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone run rusty's spacer lift and shocks? good or bad? any problems? i'm thinking of buying these soon! should i go for it!?? thanks for your comments.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I voted good lift, but bad rear shocks. Front shocks are ok.

Get ranchos when you order your rusty's instead, since he gives you the option.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
jeepkj02 said:
do i need to buy NEW ones!!

If your lifting your going to need new front shocks and springs, but the factory strut assembly is reusable.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For lifting the front you will need new springs, but you can stick with the stock struts if you are on a tight budget. Aftermarket struts are not really any longer than stock.

JeepJunky33

Reaction score
Wait correct me if I wrong. You are saying that If you buy rusty's spacer 2.5" lift kit you also need to buy new front and rear shocks? You can't use the stock one's? I thought the whole point of using the spacers was so that you didnt have to dig deep in your pocket to get a lift.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would recommend new shocks for the rear, otherwise you will most likely be topping out the shocks. Also, the shocks are really the limiting factor for wheel travel in the rear, especially when using stock shocks.

However the wheel travel in the front is really limited by suspension geometry which can't be changed unless you start replacing control arms, CV joints, etc. So in short the stock front struts are fine. Rustys, OME are not any longer than stock. I've compared them side by side. If you want a tad more travel in the front, due a clevis lift or put on an over the top spacer. This lengthens strut assembly and allow little more travel, be careful not to get carried away or you will have problems with the upper ball joint contacting the spring at full drop (hence why aftermarket front struts are not really any longer).

Latest posts

Members online