Rusty's 1/4" spacer -- ease of installation??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt2wheels

Reaction score
So I got my front hitch, skid plates, and winch all going, now the front end's a little low, the .25 spacer plates should do all I need...how tough is it to unbolt the strut towers and get those plates in there? Looks like the air box and battery have to come out of the way...do the springs have to be compressed?

thanks
mf

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
matt2wheels said:
So I got my front hitch, skid plates, and winch all going, now the front end's a little low, the .25 spacer plates should do all I need...how tough is it to unbolt the strut towers and get those plates in there? Looks like the air box and battery have to come out of the way...do the springs have to be compressed?

thanks
mf

The Springs don't have to be compressed in the strut assembly in order to take out the whole strut assembly. You just need to remove the clevis first... I found out last time that you do not need to seperate the balljoint to get the strut assembly out, but it does take a little finess to do it. (This was with a rusty's 2.5" spring too, as well as a strut plate on top of it)

Also the strut plate hole do not line up, so you will need to drill them out a little bit. Maybe rusty's fixed this since then, but most people have this problem.

But it's a fairly simple procedure.

My lift on the front consists of a rusty's 2.5" spring and his spacer, rancho shocks, and a clevis lift to top it off.

EDIT: I just remembered you can get the struts out without compressing them

Bennett

matt2wheels

Reaction score
with no lift, just the 1/4" plates, the struts don't need to come out, do they? do you think the front wheels could be dropped enough to get the plates in without a spring compressor?

mf

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
wait a sec... I was thinking something else... Doh... sorry I was wrong..

You should be able to get the struts out without the springs compressed if you remove the lower clevis first.

but you would be able to slip the plate over the top w/o taking it completely out, but the clevis will have to come off first.

Bennett

Latest posts

Members online