Rubicon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HOLY (censored)!!! I just went to the san jose int. auto show. Man i went to the jeep booth, and got to check out the Jeep gladiator. was pretty sweet, and BIG. But i have to say my most favorite vehicle out of any there was the Wrangler Rubicon. The two door was in metallic green and was soooo badass. I have to go test drive one!!!
You must be registered for see images

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True, there has never been such a stock vehicle with such capability as the JK Rubicon. I'm warming up to the looks, but I have not seen it yet (although I have seen the other JK versions). Still the fenders are bit large, and the front is a bit soft, but still, it's a vehicle that you can drive off the show room floor and hit some hard trails with it. Unlike pretty much anything else.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do really like it. The capability is hard to beat and it still looks like a Wrangler. My only issue is price (although its that way with any vehicle really). I'd have a hard time spending $28K on such a bare-bones vehicle, when $30K could get a 300C with so much more. Granted, it cant go offroad, but it all lies on your priorities.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered one.

fully optioned out 'sahara' all black, even the mygig radio. dealer I ordered from is #1 volume and Ive bought 2 jeeps from the same sales kid. I mean side airbags, tow pkg, lockers.. my gig is a 1800 option (late arrival) thus I had to order.. but out the door UNDER 30,000 (like 29,800) retail is over 32k. they are charging me 1k over invoice.. which I found to be awesome ! and I hear ya with other 30 k vehicles.. and you mentioned the 300. problem is the 300 used liek 1 year old is selling for 15k. the TJ's hold value wicked. look at my loaded liberty... sticker 31k dealer gives me 16=17 trade?

I went with sahara since rubicon drives like my atv ! (the nobby tires does it)

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: I ordered one.

libertydude said:
fully optioned out 'sahara' all black, even the mygig radio. dealer I ordered from is #1 volume and Ive bought 2 jeeps from the same sales kid. I mean side airbags, tow pkg, lockers.. my gig is a 1800 option (late arrival) thus I had to order.. but out the door UNDER 30,000 (like 29,800) retail is over 32k. they are charging me 1k over invoice.. which I found to be awesome ! and I hear ya with other 30 k vehicles.. and you mentioned the 300. problem is the 300 used liek 1 year old is selling for 15k. the TJ's hold value wicked. look at my loaded liberty... sticker 31k dealer gives me 16=17 trade?

Wow. I wasnt aware of the resale factor thing. Thats pretty amazing. I guess its kinda like trucks as well. My folks truck with the Cummins tthats almost 4 years old is still worth about $25K.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: I ordered one.

libertydude said:

$1K over invoice and you think you are getting a deal?! NO WAY. You should never pay more than 100 over invoice simply because you are bringing them the sale and giving them a modest fee for arranging it, that is it. I have never ever heard of someone paying THAT MUCH over invoice for a vehicle they ordered from the factory. All I can say is wow.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not even out yet..

The 1k over invoice.. is pretty cool to me as the jeeps aren't even out yet. (well fully dressed) with my gig etc. people do have to make some $ =) and its lot less than sticker.. I have no problem with it .

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make money no matter what you pay over invoice. They could go almost 800 under invoice and still make money off that car via holdback, not to mention other incentives and dealership support tools. They took you, not vice versa. That argument over whether the vehicle is out yet, and with MyGig...whatever that is about, I don't get it. It not being in production yet does not make it a premium auto commanding markup or more payment on your part. It just isn't out yet, that happens every year, and every year many thousands of other people order a car directly from the factory, via a dealer, and don't pay more than a couple hundred over invoice. Standard is 2%, most decent places will charge a flat 1-200 dollars to cover putting it in a computer and ordered for you.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
the_titan said:
They make money no matter what you pay over invoice. They could go almost 800 under invoice and still make money off that car via holdback, not to mention other incentives and dealership support tools. They took you, not vice versa. That argument over whether the vehicle is out yet, and with MyGig...whatever that is about, I don't get it. It not being in production yet does not make it a premium auto commanding markup or more payment on your part. It just isn't out yet, that happens every year, and every year many thousands of other people order a car directly from the factory, via a dealer, and don't pay more than a couple hundred over invoice. Standard is 2%, most decent places will charge a flat 1-200 dollars to cover putting it in a computer and ordered for you.
Yeah, that is very true. I just go in there with a control number, sign papers and leave. Makes life so much easier, lol...