Rubbing noise backing up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I checked my tires and the trim for anything rubbing or rub marks.
It happened when the Liberty was cold (sitting for more than 8 hours)
and when I was backing up, turning to go right.

It was sort of like a rubbing sound. Maybe even a slight vibration through the body.

Anybody experiance that?

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, during the winter (between 15-30 degrees F) it was vibrating and squicking when I reverse (espically when I'm in 4wd). Now it is gone because the temperature went up (arount 40-55, sometimes 60)!! im thinking it's from the ******, but im not too worried about it.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as I drove around a bit, and I backed up again to see if the it made the noise again, it did not. But it wasn't near freezing, and I've only had my Liberty for 7700 miles. It's an 04, plus this is the first time I've heard this noise.

n3qik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you use your parking brake, I have the same type of noies and think it may be the parking brake pads dragging.

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted a different topic, because it turned out to be the bushings on the sway bars were grabbing because it only happened when I was turning and going into a ditch or curb area, never straight back. And after warming up they stopped, so I need to apply a lubricant, either silcone or something but I don't know what. Any idea?

Latest posts