RRO UCA's review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be giving RRO UCA's a score out of 5 (5 being the best score) for a few categories. First off I want to say that this product could be awesome....if the distributor would have included any instructions at all, and the engineer would have actually had knowledge of the KJ's anatomy.

Customer service=5. RRO responds with in 24 hrs to questions (even on weekends)

Install difficulty=3. Having the right tools makes this project so much easier. proper deep well sockets in 18 metric (good luck) are needed with about 12-18" of extension...and small hands.

Engineering=1. The bushing zerk fittings for greasing are practically unserviceable once installed. Ive been to 3 shops and they all said that this design was horrible and that they cannot get to the fitting to grease it.

Directions= 0....there were none

Overall rating= 3 out of 5

If you take a hammer and bang out some room on the top of the body mounts to allow the zerk fitting to travel w/o rubbing....
If you grease the bushings FIRST before you install the UCA's....

Then I would give this product a 4.5/5.

But right now as it stands....the unserviceable bushings are worthless and I cant rate this higher than a 3/5

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah had it to a few shops....finally got it dialed in almost perfect. still get the loud squeak from the bushings that cannot be reached to service.....gonna have to pull the a-arms out i think and grease them then. the allignment shop gave me a 12,000 mile warranty on the job, so i will just drive it back down after i grease her down. hopefully that squeak will disappear.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of these myself. I will be greasing the bushing before I install them.;) I hope they work out for you, and me for that matter.

Did you use the original a-arm bolts again?

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
A thought(do not have these often)grease from energy suspension might work better than regular grease on these bushings.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called RRO on the grease fittings. Guy who answered the phone told me to grease before install and never again. The fittings are pressed in, not threaded and not intended to be greased repeatedly. When I re-do my front suspension, I'm gonna yank those silly pressed in straight peices of k-rap and put in some proper zerks. Although, I wonder if I "clearenced" the pocket of the UCA mount and used a 90 deg low profile adapter, and unloaded the suspension by jacking the front end up....

X 45372378245 on the total lack of instructions. Hope that there isn't a left/right specific either. They weren't identified as a left or right UCA.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
John Deere zero turn mowers use pressed in fittings on blade spindles,90* might be avil.

Latest posts

Members online