rrhobbs 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport Journal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rrhobbs

Reaction score
4wd 3.7L Flame Red Sport Pkg purchased yesterday 1/26/07 from Westwood NJ Chrysler Jeep 17474 miles, mint condition. Paid just below Bluebook retail. Dealer was ok, would go back.

Carfax history clean, reports vehicle was a rental auto originally purchased 1/2006 bought by dealer at auction PA 11/06. 3/36k Mfr warranty valid :)

No balljoint flags.

Need to call dealer see if they have the spare key. This keyless entry is new for me. 1st auto ****** I have ever owned.

Due for oil change, tire rotation, regularly scheduled mfr recommended maintenance at 18,500.

Picked up new seat pads to protect the cloth seats as well as an additional furniture blanket to throw over rear seats for muddy hikers. (hiking enthusiast/ hiking club member)

Folded furniture blanket covers cargo floor, translucent cargo bins organise "stuff". Ordered plastic door guards.

Considering buying a cloth cover since I dont have garage parking. Seagulls esp as well as other birds are hell here. It also snows. Road salt is an aspect of life here but what can you do?

2006 Liberty replaces 1988 Cherokee Pioneer Colorado Red 4.0 ltr I-6 4wd man 5 spd 205k miles. Personal friends are buying it as second auto for Adirondacks cabin. Happy to have the ol' war horse going to a loving home.

rrhobbs

Reaction score
Spare key not received with purchase

I didnt recieve a spare ignition key/keyless entry/transponder with my KJ as I discovered when I arrived home from the dealer.

This wouldnt be a big deal if all I had to do was trot down to the nabe hardware store and let them pop the original and blank in the grinder and walk out $2 lighter, but we are talking a RFID (radio frequency id) and SKIS security technology here and it aint no $2 key, bubba.

The purchased truck is a 2006 Liberty Sport under factory warranty.

The next day I called the salesman, who also happens to be the pre-owned manager to alert him, who immediately began evasion tactics. Finally at the end of the conversation he asked to "call him Monday".

So today I called him and he hemmed and hawed and went to get a price for the key (did he include the programming?) and came back with some really un-original sob story how they "blew the car out of there for me" (I paid THEIR asking price) and ultimately refused to budge on the $120.00 price he quoted me via their parts dept.

At this time I have contacted Jeep customer service via their website. does anyone know if their is a list somewhere of Jeep regional sales managers or customer satisfaction reps?

Stay tuned.

Latest posts

Members online