Rough Acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZachA2008

Reaction score
Hey there I have a question about my 2008 Liberty I was driving home from work and it was running fine till out of nowhere it started having rough acceleration and burning smell coming from underneath the Jeep I pulled over and cut it off let it sit for a little bit started it back up and still had the issues like it was starving for power and choking or something and my fuel was going down rapidly fast wouldn’t go past 25 mph I started it up this morning and had no problem whatsoever but it has done this randomly here and there i took it in before and they said they couldn’t find anything wrong with it do you think it could be the throttle body is bad or something else

Okok

Reaction score
I had similar symptoms after I got my coils wet. I washed my engine bay the way I had for many vehicles before. Apparently the coils aren’t very water tight. Don’t know if that helps. I’ve had similar symptoms with clogged exhaust on a different vehicle. Surprised your not getting a check engine light with symptoms that dramatic.

ZachA2008

Reaction score
No no check engine light only happens every once in awhile when driving far distance never happens when driving around stop and go traffic only when driving a long distance had all spark plugs and coils replaced just last month because of a prior issue with them has no issues with that the plugs since

Okok

Reaction score
My sympathies, I’ve had the misfortune of intermittent problems like this that could have many causes. Generally I’ll give a garage a try or two, and when they fail I start throwing parts at the problem. Either way it usually gets expensive, but on the plus side you end up with a vehicle with a lot of new parts you don’t have to worry about for awhile. Good luck!

ZachA2008

Reaction score
Thank you
My sympathies, I’ve had the misfortune of intermittent problems like this that could have many causes. Generally I’ll give a garage a try or two, and when they fail I start throwing parts at the problem. Either way it usually gets expensive, but on the plus side you end up with a vehicle with a lot of new parts you don’t have to worry about for awhile. Good luck!
Thank you and it can't be too many more parts to replace I almost replaced every part on the Jeep lol The only thing I haven't touched is the exhaust system because it never had a problem yet I was going to try changing the transmission fluid and go from there to see if that fixes the problem and if not go onto the next part

Okok

Reaction score
Well I hope for your sake it isn’t exhaust, or your cats anyway. I’m on a 3 week waiting list to pay $2000.00 for Cats for my kk.

ZachA2008

Reaction score
Well I hope for your sake it isn’t exhaust, or your cats anyway. I’m on a 3 week waiting list to pay $2000.00 for Cats for my kk.
I hope not ether and 2000 dollars for cats that's quite expensive