Roof Top Tent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kjoy

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with a car top tent such as a hannibal or a maggiolina. I was wondering if it would work on the roof rack of a 2003 Liberty Sport. Thx.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would worry about rolling off the top of the KJ at night myself, lol.

J/K.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: rooftop tent

blckkj said:
Laugh!! Looks kind of scary!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is the link to the website that sells it.
http://www.oasis-tents.com/

Wow! That's kind of cool! I see that the edges go up just for my fear! Well, it would keep you off the ground and out of the bugs, snakes, and bears.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had one on top a landrover defender when I went to Kenya to study insect biomass.

The tent worked well. Biggest problem was night time bathroom visits. I learned to open the tent door and be a really really good shot!

I'd use one again! It kept us from the lions and hyenas.

Ian

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
kj lad said:
Had one on top a landrover defender when I went to Kenya to study insect biomass.

The tent worked well. Biggest problem was night time bathroom visits. I learned to open the tent door and be a really really good shot!

I'd use one again! It kept us from the lions and hyenas.

Ian

Good story Ian!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like what i have better, i set it up to spray it with water repellant but its raining, lol. here it is.

It does great in the rain if u put all the ropes on the rain fly to pull it away from the tent, but i never feel like doing that so i usually just thow a tarp over it, plus im sure that it would leak around where it connects to the jeep. u have to be careful how u park, if ur on a hill above the tent, all the water runs right back into the tent, its kind of stupid, but just have to park downhill from it. Its not leaking right now, it never leaks, just feels like a mist coming through the top from all the big water droplets forming on the tree leaves. Im hoping that the water repellant will fix that though.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it dosent leak, i just never put all the ropes on the rain fly like ur sussposed to. If the rain fly touches the mesh in the top of the tent, it lets some water come through. But if i tie it up and pull it off the tent, then it does fine.