Rocky Road control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

czracecars

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Rocky Road Outfitters upper control arms? Main thing I'm trying to change is caster. I m missing about a full degree of positive caster . 2003 kj with 21/2" lift on front, everything works good but it's kinda "twitchy" going down the road and it chant be adjusted to factory castor specs.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
JBA 4.5 UCA's would be the correct part. Can you post your alignment sheet?
Want to quote TJKJ here re lifted KJ..
Camber and toe = OE spec
Caster anywhere from 2 degrees to 3.5 degrees and no more then 0.5 degrees cross caster.

czracecars

Reaction score
I know what your saying but the factory spec is 3.4 and I'm at 2.1 and it has classic lack of positive caster handling.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Rocky Road Outfitters upper control arms? Main thing I'm trying to change is caster. I m missing about a full degree of positive caster . 2003 kj with 21/2" lift on front, everything works good but it's kinda "twitchy" going down the road and it chant be adjusted to factory castor specs.
Just say NO NO NO to the RRO junk
buy good ones from JBA
RROs are hit or miss if they fit right, if they do not fit right then it's your fault, not theirs

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first-hand experience with RRO arms...

They cured the alignment woes it had from lifting. (horrible camber)

FWIW, when it was stock, the steering seemed twitchy. Wheel spacers helped that. (They went on with the lift.) Wheels with less positive offset would have had the same effect.

czracecars

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'm starting to think it upper control arms wouldn't help . My camber is fine and it sounds like my caster is in the ball park of what most are saying is ok

Offroad Bob

OffroadBob
Reaction score
I’ve got a set of Rocky Front UCA’s on my 02 Sport and mine seem to work just fine. It fixed the clearance issues with the springs on the front struts and it lined up fine. Why does everyone keep trashing RRO ?? JBA would have taken 4 to 5 months to get and RRO had mine to me in3 weeks.

Attachments

• 2F26B590-8B2E-44B0-B15D-E8BEEFB9A632.jpeg
    2F26B590-8B2E-44B0-B15D-E8BEEFB9A632.jpeg
    353.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 8A828E40-6C99-4E23-BDD8-496566CC72C9.jpeg
    8A828E40-6C99-4E23-BDD8-496566CC72C9.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 21

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve got a set of Rocky Front UCA’s on my 02 Sport and mine seem to work just fine. It fixed the clearance issues with the springs on the front struts and it lined up fine. Why does everyone keep trashing RRO ?? JBA would have taken 4 to 5 months to get and RRO had mine to me in3 weeks.
Why? LOL years of experience having friends on the forums and customers issues tend to make you understand they a junk outfit for beginners
Bad reviews for over 20 years, they give every excuse in the book when you try to install parts and they do not work
If they were the only place in the world selling lifts etc I know a ton of folks who would have to settle on stock suspensions

Offroad Bob

OffroadBob
Reaction score
I just got them about 4 months ago and they bolted right in with no fitment issues. They came with instructions, replaceable and greaseable Moog ball joints, lifetime warranty and less expensive than the vaulted JBA’s. The only modification I did was to open open up the flanges where they mount to the unibody. Instructions said to remove the upper and lower lip so you get full travel. They may have corrected previous problems that I’ve just heard of on here, but they seem to work well to me. Anything is better than the stock pos’s that came on the Liberty’s ! IMO

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bad idea opening up the pockets , allows to much travel, we used to do the same until we found out the hard way, just pound the lower lip over some
They have not changed
Every now and again even a blind bull gets it right

Offroad Bob

OffroadBob
Reaction score
I’m not saying anything bad about RRO because, so far nothing but good has come for me since I got those UCA’s . Lined up good, drives straight as an arrow, handles great and still rides good. Tires are wearing flat, if they’ve worn at all, and with no cupping. If for any reason I have a problem, I won’t be ashamed to share. There is not a wealth of information or suppliers for these early Liberty’s out there unless you really know where to look. I lifted it in 2009 and really, RRO was the only one that came up in the search back then. JMO. Thank you for the reply’s Bob

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, I think they are a good company i use them in all my jeeps... I beat the **** out my jeeps and daily them and everything has held up. Just go with what works for you, that's What I do

Latest posts

Members online