Rocky Road 2.5" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RBorgers

Reaction score
I have a CRD and am looking at the Rocky Road 2.5" lift. Has anyone installed one, and if so what do you think of it? I like the way the spacer goes on top of the struts so that it does not compress the front springs. It looks like that would also make it a whole lot easier to install.

jeep0517

Reaction score
OTT

I was about to order A Rocky Road Outfitter 2.5 OTT Lift .....Whats wrong with it?? Is rusty's better?

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: OTT

jeep0517 said:
I was about to order A Rocky Road Outfitter 2.5 OTT Lift .....Whats wrong with it?? Is rusty's better?

If you just drive on the street you will probably be fine. However, if you 4 wheel it you will end up bottoming out your struts alot and have the upper ball joint contacting the spring.

DaveKJ02

Reaction score
There are a lot of KJ's having a bad experience with the OTT lift on the LOST board.

Pnorton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the other lifts from Rocky Road. What about the Rockfather I or II?? Any opinions on them?

DaveKJ02

Reaction score
I would stay away from the OTT lift even if you're staying on road!! [-X Lots of people reporting problems on the LOST board.

roost

Reaction score
is their "budget lift" just as bad as the "OTT" lift, they say nothing about "OTT" in the "budget lift" part.

Geologist

Reaction score
After looking at all the options, I decided on the OTT because it was easier to install. I've been running the OTT for over a year and a half and it's been great. Has done a great job offroad on the FR's in the GW National Forest.

'02 Silver Sport
2.5" OTT
31" BFG's
Skidrow ****** Plate
DCX Factory Skids
LSD
DCX Factory Rock Rails
Spidertrax

Wilmo

Reaction score
I just fitted the Rocky Road Combo lift (Daystar 1.5inch Spacer and their own 3/8 strut top plate) and can definitely recommend for the CRD. From what I read on the forums, and now also from my own experiences (I fitted and then removed the OME springs on the front), the Original Factory Springs with a Daystar Spacer lift of some sort is the only one to fit to a CRD. So essentially you have two choices

1) Rocky Road Combo kit and factory spring
2) Daystar 2.5inch Spacer kit (with the Daystar strut top plate) and factory spring

On the rear put the OME 947 or 948 spring if you are going to be hauling a load like a trailer/caravan/camper etc.

I've got Rancho RSX 17505 and RSX17004's on mine as well.

Latest posts

Members online