Rockkrawler 7" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocky

Reaction score
I havent seen one rockkrawler installed, but in the lostkjs it looks like someone is having trouble using it for offroad use, I saw the pictures and it really looks as the front (diff, knukles, steering arm) are going to break anytime.
Does someone have opinions on this from what I saw it is only going to work for showcars.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
yeah i've read up on the threads over there too.
well, it's good that they got someone to do it, w/ sponsos, this will help make it better IMO.

thing just came out, i give it a year or 2 before they work out all the kinks.
im pretty sure, more mods will be needed to make it more functional.
as of now, a straight sfa swap is the only way to ghet the kj higher...

someone out there definitely needs to upgrade the cv's and whatever else if ur gonna have the same ifs set up w/ that high a lift

92blazn

Reaction score
So far my s-10 is doing good with the 6" lift and a add a leaf in the back I get pretty good articulation, and have not killed the cv shafts yet, and I have jumped it before, and this a JEEP so should be good if they work out the kinks in it =D> and its still IFS up front

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

2003KJ

Reaction score
Jon this is a different KJ that that sirius one. I've seen two with the 7" lift. Both posted on LOST. One was on the old board (if it is still there) and the other was from that guy who's still trying to get it to stop breaking.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
2003KJ said:
Jon this is a different KJ that that sirius one. I've seen two with the 7" lift. Both posted on LOST. One was on the old board (if it is still there) and the other was from that guy who's still trying to get it to stop breaking.

ah ok...well in any case, both has it's fair shares of problems...
only thing is, the sirius one is um....sponsored, so if it breaks it's fixed right away, i remember him saying that almost every other time he uses it something breaks

rocky

Reaction score
Yes the sirius one hasnt been offroading its only going to shows, and then I think there are two others which have tried to go offroading and have been breaking, also it looks its costing them bigtime.

92blazn

Reaction score
2 me thats alot of money to keep breaking its $2900.00 just for the kit then you have to get the SYE kit and CV drive shaft and exstend the front, Plus you still have to pay the install ( not me I do my own work) Not worth it right know I would rather wait or fab my own SFA, Fixing to start on the blazer

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
RK

The only guy to try the RK 7-up off-road has declared it dead. It breaks steering knuckles, won't go straight, pops springs out, etc... I think he has lost about $10,000 to date. And yes, the Sirius KJ is a mall crawler only, at least for now.

rocky

Reaction score
Saw all the pictures RK can say what they want, but i know about suspensions it looks logical for those arms to suffer offroading, the RK design looks totally for a museum, I really feel for that guy.
At least we know.

rocky

Reaction score
Checked LOST site it looks its now three with the same problems.