Rock Rails anyone????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for some rock rail dimensions.

The size of the bar that bolts to the body seam for one. I figured I'd use some 1" by 1/4" thick flat stock. It's the length that I need advice on. I measured approx 60". That's from the rear to just behind the part of the body seam that has the two bolts through it. I guess that that is where the firewall, body and front fender all sorta hook up. A little sheet metal three way so to speak. And then the rail itself, I feel I may get away with something about 66"ish long. I can get some .250" x 1 1/2 box. And then some .185" x 1" box, about four per side, to go from the rail to the plates I'm gonna attach to the (let's call the unibody a frame) frame rail.

Whatdya'll think? Too heavy? Not heavy enough?

It's my "before end of August" goal.

I've seen enough pics to have a pretty good idea of the how, it's the how big that's killing me. I scored well in spatial relations on the entrance exams. Not so much on the spelling.

calbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anybody is willing to share their design, please post so I can copy \\:D/

I've been looking under the car for awhie but yet to come up with a design.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm interested too, mostly in how your mounting? bolting through the subframe or welding? and how your attaching at the pinch seem.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
If anybody is willing to share their design, please post so I can copy \\:D/

I've been looking under the car for awhie but yet to come up with a design.

lol .. another cat bites the dust....

you might have better luck if you look under your Jeep! ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
each of mine ( Rock Lizard ) have 3 legs back to the frame with flat steel to attach to the subframe with 4 bolts each
pinch weld has 1x1 with not sure have to count how many bolts through it
side shot, before my last higher lift;)
maybe these will help some what
I used to have pictures of the BoulderBars I ran for a while but can't find them anymore
You must be registered for see images attach

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom they look great!
Anyone have a picture of a 05-07 with the lower moulding pulled off for the rails?
All the ones I see keep that moulding on and i feel like it might look better with them removed?

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom they look great!
Anyone have a picture of a 05-07 with the lower moulding pulled off for the rails?
All the ones I see keep that moulding on and i feel like it might look better with them removed?

I'll have pics of that soon enough. My plastic crap mouldings are done. One falls off all on it's own after my last wheeling foray in the woods.

That'd be the reason why I'm going to build myself a set of rails.

calbear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember the kittens dude, they suffer for your negligence.

ok ok I deserve no drawings!!

this is what happens when you work 16 hours a day. I apoligize from the KJ community and ban myself from the forums for a day :)

Latest posts

Members online