RIP Front Door Speakers :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it seems like every day I find some little thing that i didn't notice about my 2007 KJ Limited before I bought it...the latest discovery is that the front speakers in the driver and passenger doors do not put out any sound. yeah i know probably should have noticed this before i bought the car, but i was more concerned with listening to the engine, suspension, etc...plus the tweeters work so it sounds deceiving. actually all others speakers work fine...so i hoped the sound was just faded to the back or something, but no dice.

My 2007 Liberty Limited has the Sirius 6 disc changer with Infinity speakers, and I've heard that these front door speakers/amps are $$$$ to replace...not exactly what I want to hear...I mean I want to have a functional car, but don't want to dump tons of money into a 2007 vehicle. I plan to pull off the door panels this weekend and fiddle with the wiring - maybe its just a bad connection or something that is an easy-ish fix...but if replacement is required...can anyone recommend some budget speakers? would I also then need to replace the amps??

my project list just keeps growing...wheels, tires, suspension...now front door speakers...all the $$$ i saved by buying a used car is going out the window haha

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're not huge $$$$ because you can place any 2 ohm speaker that will physically fit, in there. You'll want to reattach the amps, remounting them to a new location in the door, unless you replace the HU at the same time.

That's where it'll get more costly... especially if you want to retain the steering wheel controls, which I would. I also enjoy the 6 disc changer in my 03 Limited... so..

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced the entire speakers system running new wire, installing new infinity speakers with a MB Quart 800.4 amplifier, and I am still using the stock head unit and it sounds great. The bass actually makes the side view mirrors move quite a bit.