Rims and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi All,
New Here. I think I originally put this in the wrong place. I Just started working on a 2005 limited and wanted to know if I can switch from the stock 17" rims to 15" so I can get the tires I want (Cooper 30/9.5R15 Disc. STT Pro)without modifying anything or what you all might recommend. It's a daily driver and don't want to change the ride or need much lift since I would be using it mostly on the beach to go fishing...
Thanks!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wheels, rims are just the outer ring of a wheel
And you can get 15 inch to fit if you go black steel Soft 8s in 15X7 with 5 inches of backspacing
They would be VERY close to front calipers but should work
Anything else you would need to do a small full spring lift etc
IMO stick with the OEM 16 inch wheels and 245-70-16s ( same height , 29 plus a little )

Last edited:

Reaction score
Wheels, rims are just the outer ring of a wheel
And you can get 15 inch to fit if you go black steel Soft 8s in 15X7 with 5 inches of backspacing
They would be VERY close to front calipers but should work
Anything else you would need to do a small full spring lift etc
IMO stick with the OEM 16 inch wheels and 245-70-16s ( same height , 29 plus a little )
I got it... Thanks for the information

Welch_Jeeper

Reaction score
Hi All,
New Here. I think I originally put this in the wrong place. I Just started working on a 2005 limited and wanted to know if I can switch from the stock 17" rims to 15" so I can get the tires I want (Cooper 30/9.5R15 Disc. STT Pro)without modifying anything or what you all might recommend. It's a daily driver and don't want to change the ride or need much lift since I would be using it mostly on the beach to go fishing...
Thanks!
Cooper 30/9.5R15 disc. STT Pro is already perfect. I think you can find it on 4wheelonline.

Latest posts

Members online