Ride Quality / Suspension Problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have a lift, I am stock. I have not ridden long distances in the back but weekend before last my daughter and her boyfriend took turns back there as we toured about 200 miles of paved, dirt and gravel roads. They didn't complain about the ride but didn't like how low the seats sat which affected the view.

If you didn't post this in the CRD section you should as some CRD guys don't go much beyond that section. There are differences in the ride between gassers and the CRD.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might want to try some different shock and springs in the rear. I know alot of people rave about the ride quality of Old Man Emu springs and shocks.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have BDS shocks in the rear as well. However, I am also running the BDS springs since my lift kit is the BDS 2" kit.

I have had some major troubles with the rear shocks which have affected the ride quality. People have said it is not comfortable to ride in the rear as in the front.

I plan on updating the shocks to the Rancho RSX shocks. Many people have said they are what you want to correct the feeling of the ride. Try that, you can always return the shocks stating they did not fit...All it takes is 1 test ride. :-k

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, your wife wants to get rid of it b/c the ride in the rear seats suck. Get the ome springs and shocks and you should be happy. Mine rides like a dream. $200 for the springs and around $200 for the shocks. You could get the rancho shocks and save some money.

You could also just buy the rear springs and see how the bds shocks do. sell the spacers on here for $20.

longarm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much everybody. I will go the OME route. I love their shocks on my LJ. Where is the cheapest place to get the springs and shocks? Hmmm, to replace what I have, should I get the medium or HD coils for the CRD? Also, what length coil?

NomadKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the links. I'm planning on upgrading to the RSX17004 (rear) and RSX17505(front) shocks/struts.

I looked at the Rancho catalogue and found that the RSX17004 shocks are for a Dodge Dakota pickup. Why is everyone running these specific shocks? The Liberty is showing RSX17060.

I hope this improves the ride in the rear!!

Latest posts

Members online