Review: Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always had a difficult time getting my tires to look the way I like. Lately, I've been using the Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel. It definitely has its pros and cons, however. On the positive side, it leaves a good shine that lasts for quite some time. On the negatives, it takes much longer to apply than a normal aerosol, is difficult to get into grooves of BFG AT/KOs, and seems to attract much more dust after it is on there.

I'd give it three stars out of five.

You must be registered for see images

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used several different types of tire shine, all with various pros and cons. The easist to apply to me is cheap tire foam....spray it on, wait a minute and wipe it to smooth it out. And, it doesn't create overspray that blows all over the rest of the Jeep that makes it look like crap. On the other end is the clear silicone type spray...shines REALLY good, but gets all that crazy overspray on everything that you've gotta go back and wipe off because the wind blows it everywhere.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I would give it 1 out of 5. It cracks and fades away very quickly in a slight touch of wetness.. Plus it makes it a bit shinier than I want. I want true black, TRUE BLACK, not shiny black.. :)

2003KJ

Reaction score
I usually use Black Magic Tire foam, but they've recently raised the price to almost $5 a can now.

So for the same price, I picked up the aerosol can of Megs Hot Shine or whatever its called. Not sure if I like this one just yet....I was expecting a foam, but instead it's sprayed on kinda like spray paint style (actually had a neighbor come up and ask me if I was spraying black spray paint on my tires tonight). Didn't take much to make it look shiney, which is good. However it didn't rub in too well when I went back over it, so i'll have to wait and see how much sprays up tomorrow when I drive it.

I do like the fact the can has 3 different settings (small, medium, and large) that you can adjust to accommodate different tire sizes.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
STP tire foam: $2.27 a can at wally world...that's what I'm gonna go back to. But, I've beem using Meguiar's Hot Shine Spray (i think that's what it's called)...and like I said before, it blows all over the place and then I've got little specks of tire shine all over the Jeep. I HATE that!

2003KJ

Reaction score
STP tire foam: $2.27 a can at wally world...that's what I'm gonna go back to. But, I've beem using Meguiar's Hot Shine Spray (i think that's what it's called)...and like I said before, it blows all over the place and then I've got little specks of tire shine all over the Jeep. I HATE that!

Yup. I put my tire shine on, then go to dry off the jeep while the tire shine is working in some, and the stupid wind caught the mist off the can today and plastered little specks of tire shine all over the paint and windows. So when I went to dry them, especially the windows, it smeared like mad.....not too happy about that.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was the first time using that applicator with the Hot Tire Shine, so the pad soaked up most of the product which gave it a matte finish.

You must be registered for see images attach

Usually people complain about tire sling and its usually their fault. They apply to much product and to not wipe it back off. I probably do not use more than 2oz of product for all four tires.

Last edited: