Residue on glass and clearcoat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have some residue that I can only describe as rain spots on my glass and clearcoat. In fact I can see outlines of some stickers that the previous owner had on it. Does anyone know of a good way to get rid of this stuff? I assume a waxing will work for the paint but is there something specifically designed for it.

Fender
You must be registered for see images attach

Hood

Window, notice the lack of residue where the stickers were.

Different window better view of residue

67Customs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely water spots.

You deffinitely need to clay first. However, that isn't going to remove that. You will need to apply a mild hand polish or compound to remove those.

If you are doing this by hand, ths is what I recommend..

For the glass, you can use Duragloss #755 Nu-Glass. You should be able to purchase it at NAPA.

You must be registered for see images

For the paint, you should try a product like Meguiar's ScratchX or Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. Those are sold at most any automotive store.

ScratchX How-To
Another ScratchX How-To

Both How-Tos apply to the application of Ultimate Compound as well.

Turtle Wax Polishing or Rubbing Compound is NOT a substitute for Ultimate Compound. It will badly swirl your paint.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

honu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had similar issues. On the glass, I used "Lime-Away". It's a "wipe on, wipe off" deal.

I soaked a clean terry cloth towel in the Lime Away and carefully wiped the glass down, following up immediately with a thorough rinsing. Took all the residue off.

I used it on the lower corner of the rear bumper, took any water spots off, but I wasn't brave enough to use the Lime Away on the whole Jeep.

Used a clay bar, polish and a good wax... along with a lot of elbow grease.

Came out nice and shiney...