Replacing Heater Hoses?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did a quick search and couldnt find much, anyone replaced there heater hoses? Most of them change from metal to rubber to metal; all connections are crimped.

Found one part number for the whole assembly as 55038331AC. Shows up at $84 plus shipping, haven't tried a dealership yet, but I imagine it will be much higher.

Ol jeep is up to 85,000 and Ive yet to replace the hoses, tstat, or coolant. Figured its time.

02blue

Comfortably numb
Reaction score
Not sure about the hose source but I've got 160k on mine and the heater hoses are original. They still seem pretty hearty. I'd probably just go with an all rubber replacement if I had to change them.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe theyre different than a typical radiator hose and dont need to be changed as often? There are several T's and things in the metal lines. Guess it could all be replaced with rubber but it would kinda suck.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The heater hoses(rubber parts) are EPDM so they will last much longer then traditional rubber hoses.They also don't show wear or swell like regular rubber hoses.

To test EPDM hoses start with a un-pressurized cooling system and gently squeeze the hose,if you hear "crunching" they are bad.

Members online

No members online now.