replaced clevis bushings, some ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
removed each lower control arms , torched the rubber out and cut the metal sleeve wasnt too bad. I know ill need an alignment for sure, my questions are will the alignment and the new bushings settling in lower my ride height ? sitting at 23 DR and 23.25 PS and would like for it to be down at least below 23.

i tightened the cam bolts when it was up in the air....probably a mistake but will be corrected with alignment if so. Everything else was with full weight.

should i remove a clevis ring ( currently at a hair over 2 per side, or will it settle enough

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What're you running?
I see Ironman springs and top plates, but if that's all then you should not be at 23" and 23.25" considering that would mean you have 4" and 4.25" of lift up front

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
removed each lower control arms , torched the rubber out and cut the metal sleeve wasnt too bad. I know ill need an alignment for sure, my questions are will the alignment and the new bushings settling in lower my ride height ? sitting at 23 DR and 23.25 PS and would like for it to be down at least below 23.

i tightened the cam bolts when it was up in the air....probably a mistake but will be corrected with alignment if so. Everything else was with full weight.

should i remove a clevis ring ( currently at a hair over 2 per side, or will it settle enough

After alignment it will come down a lot

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What're you running?
I see Ironman springs and top plates, but if that's all then you should not be at 23" and 23.25" considering that would mean you have 4" and 4.25" of lift up front

He is since he had everything torn apart and the front is all jacked up , it will come down

Last edited:

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks tom , i didnt remember how much it dropped after the lift and i messed with cam bolts this time so i wasnt sure

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, yeah mine was at 23" right before I got my first alignment
Man it looked so good I wish it would've stay like that!

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did my lift in the dead of winter in a non insulated 200 year old barn , by the time i was done all i wanted to do was crawl inside the wood furnace haha

it looks good but is squirely and tracking goofy, not as bad as i was expecting but there is coil contact with my JBA's on the passenger side and my cv's dont look very happy. But new magnaflow , insepction and alignment tomorrow

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why in the world did you remove the LCA to do the clevis bushing?
Drill holes in the rubber around the center pound or press out metal center. The press or pound out rubber then fold down edge and pound out caseing. Then press in new bushing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of press do you need to press in the new bushing? since i have to take my front end apart again im going to replace these bushings as well. Everything can be done without removing LCA?

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i torched out the center sleeves then cut the metal sleeve out, this was after trying my luck with a balljoint press. Pressing them in was a breeze. took about 2 hours total to do both of them. Sitting a good 3/4 inch higher in the front now

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i torched out the center sleeves then cut the metal sleeve out, this was after trying my luck with a balljoint press. Pressing them in was a breeze. took about 2 hours total to do both of them. Sitting a good 3/4 inch higher in the front now

the ball joint press is nessecary to install them?

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not necessary no , but very very helpful. You could swing at them with a BFH and a 30mm socket and hope you get them in straight. Or a threaded rod with some nuts and washers and some large socket for a receiver. Can also rent the press from local auto parts store or amazon has decent ones for around 60-70 $

Latest posts

Members online