replace gear shift indicator light in 07 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I attempted to do this yesterday,but did not get very far..

I did not completely remove it,since there is wiring underneath.

You must be registered for see images attach

Where the tip of the knife blade is,i tried I think is a clip that holds the PRND piece.There is also one on the opposite side.I tried to loosen it but was unsure where to put the knife(just happened to be the tool i chose,could have went with a screwdriver).

I checked out a clip on Youtube,but that was an 02 and it looked like he was able to remove the top (the orange piece on mine)with out having to fuss with any wiring.

If I can't get to the bulb,I was thinking of using an LED strip light.Just unsure where to put it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
I actually just replaced the light in my 07 earlier this week! Yes, you'll have to remove your window switch cover, but that is easy. Theres 1 wiring harness that plugs into your window switches, unclip that and slide the whole cover off the shifter. After that you'll have to unclip the PRNDL cover, which is just 4 plastic tabs on the edges, you'll see them if you look on the side of it. I used a small Flathead screw driver to pry one side off, then the other side came unhooked. After that, you'll see a white plastic strip and a single red "block" so to say. thats your "light distributor as i call it. Be gentle with this and push it out from the bottom tab and it'll pop right off (Be careful not to bend the red indicator tab). After that you'll have access to your light bulb socket

If thats not enough to go off of, I can provide pictures tonight when i get home.

Hope this helped!