Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there really havent been any reasons as two why they got rid of it. same thing with the crd's im guessing that they will both be back sometime. I noticed that they started offering the liberty in a "latitude" model. Haven't really heard anything about that either.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
especko said:
there really havent been any reasons as two why they got rid of it. same thing with the crd's im guessing that they will both be back sometime. I noticed that they started offering the liberty in a "latitude" model. Haven't really heard anything about that either.

I think the Latitude is probably just another edition like the Freedom, Columbia, and Rocky Mountain, etc...the only things I can see that it gets over the Sport are body color bumpers, premium flares, bright grill, proper badging and a spare tire cover.

dnm45227

Reaction score
crd had to go cause the engines didn't meet '07 emmision standards. why we got one, didn't want to wait and see if they came back in '08.

2003KJ

Reaction score
The CRD is coming back eventually....just needed to be redone to meet more strict emissions standards.

With the introduction of the new Bluetec (or whatever it is) diesel from Mercedes, I have to wonder if there's going to be a version of it in the new Liberty's and any other Jeeps they plan to put in it? Which might be another reason why they got rid of the CRD temporarily.

The Bluetec is a SWEET diesel....I was watching a car show on TV the other day about it and the amount of power it puts out is CRAZY. It's freakishly quiet for a diesel, and the technology that went into it to help minimize emissions as much as possible is phenomenal.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
The CRD is coming back eventually....just needed to be redone to meet more strict emissions standards.

With the introduction of the new Bluetec (or whatever it is) diesel from Mercedes, I have to wonder if there's going to be a version of it in the new Liberty's and any other Jeeps they plan to put in it? Which might be another reason why they got rid of the CRD temporarily.

The Bluetec is a SWEET diesel....I was watching a car show on TV the other day about it and the amount of power it puts out is CRAZY. It's freakishly quiet for a diesel, and the technology that went into it to help minimize emissions as much as possible is phenomenal.

I've heard Grand Cherokees are getting it.

Latest posts

Members online