Renegade Roof Rail-weight limit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
For those who don't already know ...

This is why I can't carry more than my canoe on top of my KJ ... :eek:
After seeing inside it's no wonder the weight limit is so low. Overloading them could easily be a catastrophic event.

Cheers,

P.S. the plastic "support" only extends about an inch inside the tubing.

You must be registered for see images attach

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like they were made super cheap. This first time I grabbed mine, it moved, so I knew there is not much there. Sorta like $1.49 day at Woolco.:D
Also plastic gets real brittle when it's cold, enter in wind chill, I think you get the idea.
Real rails should not contain the word plastic!yupnope.gif

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Luke ya.. and I want to carry a canoe as well, so where is the photo of it on the roof eh?
Are you going to hold out on everyone too for the other photos link?

Boiler

Reaction score
Looks like they were made super cheap. This first time I grabbed mine, it moved, so I knew there is not much there. Sorta like $1.49 day at Woolco.:D
Also plastic gets real brittle when it's cold, enter in wind chill, I think you get the idea.
Real rails should not contain the word plastic!yupnope.gif

Wind chill only affects things that are heated, but yeah, brittle.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Luke ya.. and I want to carry a canoe as well, so where is the photo of it on the roof eh?
Are you going to hold out on everyone too for the other photos link?

lol .. canoe is project #5326 .. refinish and re paint

the roof rail pics are in the off topic section :D

long_tall_texan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Renny's have a 65-75lbs rating,that is 65-75lbs evenly distributed between both rails.

And the steel sport rails have what limit? I know I have seen it before, just can't remember. I know they hold more than the Renny Rails.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember Woolco. And Stienberg's, but only 'cause I grew up in Montreal.

I was going to say $1.49 day at Wally World, but decided I would pick out those who knew what the joke was about $1.49 day/ Woolco. (KD-I got your attention, haven't heard that in a while eh?) For everyone else...
Woolco's were a smaller department store and it was a known place for everyone during the sale to rush in the parking lots trying to get the first spots in winter, and have major accidents. So for those that are old enough, and from back east, it was meant to be some humor.
Driving around here is like $1.49 day at Woolco! ---or Cheap and Accident waiting to happen...LOL.

By the way nice canoe there KeswickDave!..first photo of a kj with canoe on top ever seen, congratulations! THX!! One day i would like to have one on my kj too.
Luke's is a larger Kevlar and weighs the same, Holy Cow I would like to see his canoe photo on top :)

Last edited:

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a slightly used set of 06 Rennie rails for sale cheap! The freight would be more! Never been loaded missing the rubber gaskets.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the way nice canoe there KeswickDave!..first photo of a kj with canoe on top ever seen, congratulations! THX!! One day i would like to have one on my kj too.
Luke's is a larger Kevlar and weighs the same, Holy Cow I would like to see his canoe photo on top :)

Thanks... I'd like to see the 17 footer on top too, I don't know where you'd put that extra 3 feet! ;) I'll have to try and find a side view you'll see what I mean! That's a big canoe, my dad used to have a 16' aluminum Springbok, we called it the Barge :)

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Found one... this is a 14' canoe... I want to see Luke's 17' on top of his KJ! :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online