Renegade roof light lens covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black Bob

Reaction score
I need a set of original Renegade roof light covers. Dealer wants $35 a pop. Can anyone help me out?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a set of original Renegade roof light covers. Dealer wants $35 a pop. Can anyone help me out?

Lowest price I've seen online is around $32 a piece
Your best bet would be to find them used on here or possibly a junkyard if you're lucky

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck finding used ones. I've been driving mine for years with no covers, because they are as rare as unicorns. Luckily, the cops in my area aren't ***** about it, are you not so lucky in VA? lol
I once made my own out of thin dark plastic film, cut larger than the light opening, and tucking it between the lens and housing. Was fine for a while, till I took it through a car wash and it blew them out...oops!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The 02 renegade I have sitting / waiting for a makeover has a full set under the back seat yet, look brand new
when they hit 100 each I'll sell sell sell :happy175:

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it'd just be nice to say you have them
But I see no point in spending $32 each, let alone $100 each on them (if they ever even got to that point)
They're useless unless you like the look of them covered/need to have them covered on the roads in your area
Personally I wouldn't even bother having them considering you'd have to get out and take all of them off every time you wanted you use it

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it'd just be nice to say you have them
But I see no point in spending $32 each, let alone $100 each on them (if they ever even got to that point)
They're useless unless you like the look of them covered/need to have them covered on the roads in your area
Personally I wouldn't even bother having them considering you'd have to get out and take all of them off every time you wanted you use it

Lot of areas any extra lights especially on the roof have to be covered. One of the reason they didn't sell renegades at first in WVa was due to that law

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, VA law saw you have to cover them up. That's one reason I never did anything light-wise while I was down there.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just buy some matte black tinted film and put that on them
Then, it'd appear they're covered but you could still flip them on and use them without having to remove a cover
You'd be looking at maybe $10-$20 instead of over $120 and them be a hassle to remove all the time

Black Bob

Reaction score
Unfortunately in Virginia they won't pass inspection without covers. Appreciate all the replies and if anyone knows of any at a reasonable price, shoot me a line.