Removing the Door Pannel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
I know its been done before but has anybody ever removed their door pannel on the KJ before? Preferably the rear passenger one? Something is loose inside mine that is driving me crazy every time the bass kicks in on my radio (pretty much all the time...LOL). I used to be able to give it a good whack and it would stop, but not any more. I know it should just pop out after loosening a couple of screws and then working with the little tabs that hold the rest in place, but is there an easy method?

billforde

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have removed my door panels several times. All you have to do is remove the screw in the arm rest and the one under the tab by the door handle. Lower the window all the way, and you should be able to pull the panel off starting at the top edge.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Once the screws are out giving it a nice tug on the corner makes it pop right out. The clips should release pretty easily, once you get it started.

Bennett

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these clips attached to anything or are they on the door, or the panel.
I'd like to add from more sound insul around the speakers.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Trodo said:
Are these clips attached to anything or are they on the door, or the panel.
I'd like to add from more sound insul around the speakers.

The clips are attached to the panel.

Be careful about adding insulation, because it does get wet inside the door and that is why there is a plastic cover over the speaker. You don't want mold or anything growing in there.

Bennett