Removing Drive Shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All,

It's been a while since I've posted. Honestly since replacing my 02 Sport with an 05, I must say I find myself in the garage fixing things a lot less.

However my new machine did pick up a vibration when decelerating the other week. Today when I crawled under to remove the driveshaft for U-Joint replacement, I fond the four rear bolts would back out about 1/4 then stop.

I'm assuming some type of thread locker is used at the factory. ---Any tips/tricks/advice on getting them out or is it not worth the hassle for me to do it at home?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You can see them from other side of the yoke. I'd just hit them with some PB plaster and give them a few taps on the heads with a sledge hammer. I've never had an issue getting mine out, and it's been out more times than I'd like to admit.

stn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. I sprayed them with PB Blaster, let them sit a few hours and they backed out easily. It looks like blue lock tite was used to hold them in.

Normally I would not have given up so easily....I guess I'm out of practice.

Thanks again.
stn