Removing Drive Shaft

Discussion in 'KJ General Discussion' started by stn, Oct 12, 2019.

1. stn

stn Full Access Member

All,

It's been a while since I've posted. Honestly since replacing my 02 Sport with an 05, I must say I find myself in the garage fixing things a lot less.

However my new machine did pick up a vibration when decelerating the other week. Today when I crawled under to remove the driveshaft for U-Joint replacement, I fond the four rear bolts would back out about 1/4 then stop.

I'm assuming some type of thread locker is used at the factory. ---Any tips/tricks/advice on getting them out or is it not worth the hassle for me to do it at home?

2. HoosierJeeper

HoosierJeeper Gold Supporter/Admin Staff Member Administrator

You can see them from other side of the yoke. I'd just hit them with some PB plaster and give them a few taps on the heads with a sledge hammer. I've never had an issue getting mine out, and it's been out more times than I'd like to admit.

3. stn

stn Full Access Member

Thank you sir. I sprayed them with PB Blaster, let them sit a few hours and they backed out easily. It looks like blue lock tite was used to hold them in.

Normally I would not have given up so easily....I guess I'm out of practice.

Thanks again.
    stn