Reflash question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schgsd

Reaction score
We have a Patriot in the shop for transmission issues. I reflashed a new TCM for it today so that meant we had time left on the Tech Authority subscription and I asked to bring my Liberty in and hook it up. It looked like there was an update for the BCM and the PCM from what I saw on the Tech Authority page. I loaded up the Chrysler J2534 application I just used for the Patriot (Autel MaxiFlash Pro J box) and chose the appropriate setting for my 2005 Liberty. It had nothing available. Seems impossible a 2005 Liberty has no updates from Chrysler to me.

What am I missing?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
When it comes to flashing- Sometimes if there is nothing wrong don't break it.
The KJ data would be probably different than a Patriot.
When I had my BCM flashed due to a lock clicking issue and rear gate lock problem, they used a dealer Star-Scan to upload the data.
I have no clue what they are using today in the dealerships. Flashing requires exact specific instructions/update with informed hands.

Schgsd

Reaction score
I'm with you on exact etc. Yes a Patriot has very different software. We have the tools (MaxiFlash Pro) and I have installed the latest software. Tech Authority listed a BCM update and a host of stuff for the PCM in the section where you input your VIN to see if there are any updates. Chrysler's Jbox software queries the PCM for info to determine the right files and then downloads the proper stuff. But when I loaded the jbox and connected it to my Liberty it claimed there was nothing to do. The software itself was pretty good to use but getting the info ahead of time seems to be a big hassle. Without a current subscription you can't look to see if anything is available. Chrysler sells access by time, so you can do as many vehicles as possible during the time span. Which is why I tried to jump in afterward because we had about 22 hours left after flashing the new TCM in the Patriot. GM on the other hand sells by VIN and you get 2 yrs of anything that gets released for the vehicle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online