Recovery "D" ring lugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew what size or the dimensions of the recovery lugs the "D" ring shackles mount to would be?

I am thinking of designing a hitch for the tow reciveer that has the "D" ring recovery shackle attachment lug welded to it for my 2012 KK

any thoughts?:smokin:

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what your asking. The tabs on aftermarket bumpers? Shackles/ d- rings come in many sizes. I have 5/8 and 3/4. So the tab hole would have to be 5/8 or 3/4 for them.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what your asking. The tabs on aftermarket bumpers? Shackles/ d- rings come in many sizes. I have 5/8 and 3/4. So the tab hole would have to be 5/8 or 3/4 for them.

Yes I am talking about the Tabs that "D" ring attaches to. I know the bore hole size is 3/4 or 5/8" and I even saw some athe offroad shop that were
1/2" in Dia.. what I need to know is the dimensions for the tab attached to the Jeep bumper

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. I think many more sizes than that. Why not make your own? Not sure were to buy them or what the "name" would be. Do you have a farm tractor dealer? Metal supply shop?
I have made something similar for building a wood splitter.

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^ we got every kinda shop here. I have a buddy thats an old hot rod restorer/fabricator and I have open access to the shop but he is the welder
I am a Mechanical Designer so yes we are going to make our own just thought may be some one knew the dimensions of the triangular wedge tab ( lifting lug style as we in the design field refer to it)
was also thinking of CNC machining one out one solid peice of steel to eliminate the welds and less possibility of faliure

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap, you have way more ability/ equipment then me. I just cut a piece of metal with a metal cutting saw and drilled a hole.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Make it whatever size you want for your needs
No one certain size, some are thicker than others, some are pinty, some are rounded
Look them up on various web sites, take some time to research and see what you like best
LOTS of companies make them

Wulfhound

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make it whatever size you want for your needs
No one certain size, some are thicker than others, some are pinty, some are rounded
Look them up on various web sites, take some time to research and see what you like best
LOTS of companies make them

Just found a site that has exactaly what I was thinking of thanks TM:smokin:
and they are not very expensive-25-60 bucks, and rated at 8,ooolbs easier than making it
http://www.etrailer.com/
You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
if yuo get one of those make sure they are solid and not just a tube with a mounting point welded on the end

Latest posts

Members online