Rebates on Jeep Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ixian

Reaction score
Greetings all,
I am thinking about buying a Liberty Renegade in the next 2-3 weeks possibly, but don't understand how their "rebate" offer works. Currently they have $2000.00 cash to customer when financing through Jeep at 0.0% interest I've never bought a car with a rebate.
I was going to use Edmunds "True Market Value" and order the Consumer Reports pricing to figure out a reasonable price for the Rene but can someone tell me about the "rebate"?
Also any further advise on getting a reasonable price?
Thanks,
Bobby

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
be willing to walk out if you don't like their deal. Probably seven out of ten times or so, they will call you back or chase you down with a better offer or meet your price.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
yoda13 said:
be willing to walk out if you don't like their deal. Probably seven out of ten times or so, they will call you back or chase you down with a better offer or meet your price.

That happened back in '01 when my mom tried to buy a Cherokee. She absolutely hated the deal they tried to give her, so she walked out. They called a month later with a number about $500 or so under what she wanted to pay. Oh well... too late.

They will call back. However, the first Jeep dealership we went to for my KJ did not call us back. Sorry, 21K is way too much to pay, lol.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! Hehe. I'm currently in the process of buying/waiting for a Renny also. I ordered mine from the factory because I'm fussy! Lol. I believe that the way the current incentives are working is this: if you qualify and choose to finance with Chrysler, you'll get $2000 off MSRP. It seems that if you don't finance with them, you'll receive no incentive, at least that's how it seems after checking out Jeep's website.

I'm not sure if this could be of any help to you, but if you have recently received your bachelor's or master's degree or are currently enrolled in classes and no more than 2 years from receiving your degree, you'll be able to take advantage of a special incentive program Chrysler iss offering until the end of this year. They're calling it "Extra Credit 05", and it guarantees you a price 1% below the factory invoice price. You can check it out here: http://www.dc-collegegrad.com/

If you're looking for some ball-park info on prices, here's how mine broke down:

2005 Renegade 4x4, D package, Sunroof, 6-speed manual

MSRP: $25,735

Rebates: $2500 (took advantage of different rebates when I ordered it in February)

Extra Credit 05: 1% below invoice

Total Cost: $21,839 (includes destination and all other fees, excludes tax)

Edmunds TMV is a good figure to ball-park by, but I'd pass on buying the Consumer Reports info, it's pretty much the same thing you'll find from Edmunds for free.

Hope this helps! =)

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rebate should be taken off after you agree to the set price. Meaning, don't just take $2k off of the sticker (that's what sales guy will try and do). The rebate is DC paid, not the dealer.

Plus, 0% financing is a deal in itself! When I bought my '04 they had a similar deal going. After I agreed to what I would pay, then came the rebate and the 0% financing. And not to mention that I love the KJ! =D>

Enjoy!

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
grogiefrog said:
The rebate should be taken off after you agree to the set price. Meaning, don't just take $2k off of the sticker (that's what sales guy will try and do). The rebate is DC paid, not the dealer.

Very good point, Grogie! =D> (Forgot about that in my post...hehe.)