Reasonable Size Clevis Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocco Bones

Reaction score
I'm about to finally do some real work to my 04 Liberty, took some time to gather all the parts and do some reading up on what is what.

I am installing the 2.5 " Skyjacker Coilover Lift with the Platinum rear shocks. I would like to do a clevis lift while I have all the parts disassembled. After doing some reading in here I am leaning towards doing a 5/8th inch clevis lift. Is that safe? Can u secure it so it wont slip? I want to fit 265/75r16 revos after this is done and would like to get it as high in the front as I can safely do so. Also, has anyone done a clevis lift and then wanted to raise the rear so it slopes forward again compensating for the clevis. I was thinking of putting in some coil spacers, but not sure if they will work or which height?

Thx for anyone's help. :D

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Just to let you know, there have been some issues with the sky jackers front lift. i believe it was too high or something and it gave the cv's an extreme angle. some have had problems w/ it.

Rocco Bones

Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
Just to let you know, there have been some issues with the sky jackers front lift. i believe it was too high or something and it gave the cv's an extreme angle. some have had problems w/ it.

thx. i read that. but i also read some people have had no real problems. What are you gonna do? I guess I just gotta keep mi fingers crossed. If I have any issues I will definetly post.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Rocco Bones said:
thx. i read that. but i also read some people have had no real problems. What are you gonna do? I guess I just gotta keep mi fingers crossed. If I have any issues I will definetly post.

alright cool...
i was interested in that lift too, until i read about that stuff. considering the frankenlift now, which uses the skyjackers rears...

anyway, just gave u the heads up just in case.....

let us know how it all turns out...

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jon's right about the height issues with the skyjacker. I would suggest that a clevis lift with a skyjacker is just asking for problems. Your choice though.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Ian

Rocco Bones

Reaction score
-=JoN=- said:
Rocco Bones said:
alright cool...
i was interested in that lift too, until i read about that stuff. considering the frankenlift now, which uses the skyjackers rears...

anyway, just gave u the heads up just in case.....

let us know how it all turns out...

one question tho. I would like to know if this contact problem is one that is a result of flexing, or would I experience this during normal on road cycling.

kj lad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the contact is at full droop. A bump an extended bump stop could reduce that problem. The cv angles could remain an issue in ordinary driving, particularly in 4wd.

Ian

Rocco Bones

Reaction score
kj lad said:
I believe the contact is at full droop. A bump an extended bump stop could reduce that problem. The cv angles could remain an issue in ordinary driving, particularly in 4wd.

Ian

thx. will look into the cv issue a little more

Latest posts

Members online