Reasonable asking price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NADA does not take into account for add-ons to a vehicles. and sometimes add-ons bring the value down, even if they are top of the line accesories.
I need to figure out what a fair value for my KJ is...
2006 Renegade
56,000 miles
bottom of bumper and wheel wells are trimmed
lift with oversized tires
home made cross rails with off road lights
hitch
no skidplates
no rock rails
no damage to body or remaining plastic, though all the grey plastic has been painted black.
The pay off on the loan is $13,800...
want to figure out how upside down this thing is, though I know an enthusiast has different views of value compared to dealers, or banks, or someone who just wants a cute car.
so what's the oppinions here?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Return it to 100% stock and you could get $12,000 or better.Modified your looking at $9000-$10,000 maybe an that's if you wait long enough to find that one buyer that wants those mods and think your price is fair.Trade in you maybe looking at $7500-$8000 modified if your lucky.To much unkowns when buying a modified vehicle so you will not get much money for them.

Just for fun I had many different dealers give me a price on trade in on my KJ,over $50,000 invested over 9 years and trade in is less then $100.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Good thing the dealership didn't notice that my WK was lifted. :D

The mechanic noticed though! But they didn't believe him. They thought it was the tires. lol3.gif

KingMick217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just paid I think it was $12,900 for my '04 Renegade in Great Falls last July with 95k miles. No sliders but everything else was there in stock form. Oh and mine is a 5-spd (a little harder to sell). I've seen stock Renegades (comparable to yours) go through my fathers auto auction for $8,000 to $9,500. Now that's wholesale mind you. Your lift and trimming is going to be negative from there. Accessaries rarely add any value to the vehicle unless YOU are the one selling it, and explain everything.
That being said, I'd say you could break even if you sell it outright, but it'll take you some time. Or you're probably a good bit upside down in the loan.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my '03 Renny with 62k in Dec 09 for $11,500 (technically 10,900 but they rolled the taxes and fees into the loan so I paid nothing out of pocket when I signed). Mine came with leather, full skids, light bar.

You might have better luck stripping the after market parts, selling those, and then trading in your Jeep/selling it. That way you might get back a couple hundred that you might've lost in the trade/sale.

Clyde Frog is in the market for a lift :D