Rear washer oozes instead of squirting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tselling

Reaction score
I recently purchased an 05 sport and noticed the first week that the rear washer didn't to squirt the liquid like the front. Instead it seems to ooze out. I didn't do anything about it but then the rear washer quit working altogether (it squirted out the front washer holes when I used the rear washer control). I took it to the dealership and they ordered a new pump. Said that something on the pump switches between front and rear washer and that it was malfunctioning. So they replaced it and now the rear washer is working again but it still oozes instead of squirts. Is this normal?

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my rear squirter makes a steady stream, but it is not nearly as strong as the front.

2003KJ

Reaction score
yoda13 said:
my rear squirter makes a steady stream, but it is not nearly as strong as the front.

Couldn't have said it better.

Perhaps something it blocking the tube? Try taking a tooth pick ( or a small paper clip if you can get it un bended and wedged in there, to see if you can get anything to come out. Be extremely careful, as those are fragile (ya know, that xrazy Italian word that nobody knows what it means?)....a little to much pokin and you might break it (been there, done that). Also works in the winter when their frozen. Just had to poke mine the other day in the front to get them to un freeze........damn salt trucks (banghead)

tselling

Reaction score
Thanks, I may try insering a pin or needle to see if anything is stuck in there. Though when I used it today seemed to squirt a little bit as well as ooze so maybe whatever is clogging is coming out on its own.

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear doesn't spray as well. I think it's a wind issue, because they figure that you'll use it while driving. If it sprayed, the wind would pick it up and spray if on the car behind you. I had an old RX-7 that I could drive in a rain storm and I would notice that the back glass wouldn't get a drop of rain on it, unless I stopped, due to how the air flowed over it. So that is my guess as to why it doesn't spray.