Rear Speakers not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael V Fasciano

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty. The rear speakers do not work, no sound at all not even a crackle. The front speakers work fine. I took out the radio unit and installed another - same issue.

I'm guessing it may be a bad connection but where should I check? Is there a diagram showing where the connections are, from radio to speakers?

Michael V Fasciano

Reaction score
Thank you for the link.
From the manual, the choke should be ok, or it would take out all the speakers if I understand correctly.

Before I remove the door panel (to visually inspect the rear speakers) I would like to check wiring harness/connections first.
Finding them in the manual is not easy.

OrygunKJ

Reaction score
A late reply Michael but did you get your rear speakers issue solved? If this is the Infinity system I know the wiring and amplification and can assist. If it is the Base stereo then there are no amps but the same harness. Regardless you will need to remove the door panels to access the speakers and determine if the connections are good and signal is present. The primary connection block is located thru the pillar where you open the left and front doors at the hinge location. I originally had a connection issue in these blocks years ago in my 2003 Liberty. It is a bear to get to them, without removing the door, which I recall is what the service manual directions are. I separated these and cleaned and used electrical grease to eliminate corrosion or fretting. Beyond the connections, the Infinity system contains an amp in each front door that drives the front and rear speakers. It is screwed onto each front speaker. There is a block connector there so you'll have to cut into the wires to look for signal. I am troubleshooting this myself currently as my rears have gone out and I didn't notice until someone was in the rear seat and did. I have an aftermarket head unit so I connected the original and rears remain out. I re-seated the left pillar connector and did not resolve the problem. It could be the amplifiers but odd that both sides are out unless it happened over time. I will update this post once I solve the problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online