Rear Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I've read this site up and down, and i finally got my OME lift kit in. Only issue was with covid and such, the typical OME Rear shocks (N132-L) Were unavailable from Boulderbars.com. Instead they told me the kit would ship with Nitrocharged Sport 60069's, which it did.

I haven't read of anyone using these, so will i be able to? Will it cause any foreseeable issues? If so what kind?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully Tom is familiar with the 60069's /length.
Many just use spec form an 04 Dakota club cab for the rear shocks as they are taller.
My original rear Bilsteins eventually had a gusher/ blow out, as they weren't tall enough.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
ALL SHOCK NUMBERS ARE FOR REAR USE
N134 are rear shocks for stock height KJs
60069s are good for 1.5-2 inch or so lift
and this straight from ARB/OMEs reference book
The N132L long travel shock is designed for 2.5-3” of lift and requires a coil spring bump stop

and so if you are using the 927/948 spring combo then I would want to go with the 132Ls
or the Bilstein 24-185660's , which I run on the 03 with 2.5 inches of lift and they do great

Reaction score
The N132L long travel shock is designed for 2.5-3” of lift and requires a coil spring bump stop

and so if you are using the 927/948 spring combo then I would want to go with the 132Ls
or the Bilstein 24-185660's , which I run on the 03 with 2.5 inches of lift and they do great

Yes I do have the 927/948 spring combo. So I would want to look for something other than the 60069's?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I do have the 927/948 spring combo. So I would want to look for something other than the 60069's?
That all depends on how you are going to use yours.
But with that in mind even going into some parking lots, driveways, etc you can flex enough to pop a shock ( top it out)
Buddy of mine had a Rancho RSX blow when wheeling so he stuck a stock shock on just till new one came in , 2nd day turning up into a gas station he heard it hard and got out and it was leaking .
At that point he was still at 2.5 inches , but with the 60069s just being a bit longer than stock, it could happen very easily, I guess is what I'm trying to say
You can top one out just as easy as compress it down too far and pop it, ( reason for extended bumpstops front and rear )
If it was me I would just feel safer in getting a longer shock in the long run

Nothing against ALLJs ( boulderbars ) they are great people and know their Jeeps

NorthernGuy93

Reaction score

Hey bud. I need new shocks. I’m the 3rd owner of this 03 Jeep Liberty limited and looks like haven’t been changed since lift kit was installed years ago. I have a 2.5” lift on it and don’t really know what rear shocks to get. I see your comment above says the N132L long travel shock is okay? I live in northern Canada and was getting a quote from Napa.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey bud. I need new shocks. I’m the 3rd owner of this 03 Jeep Liberty limited and looks like haven’t been changed since lift kit was installed years ago. I have a 2.5” lift on it and don’t really know what rear shocks to get. I see your comment above says the N132L long travel shock is okay? I live in northern Canada and was getting a quote from Napa.
answered one of your other posts
described it all there