Rear seat in 05 - cover removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jedimaster

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been able to figure out a way to remove the seat covers to clean them? Went camping and a jar of cooking oil spilled... car smells like french fries. haha
I saw a post a while ago saying they were stitched in. Is that true?

jedimaster

Reaction score
They don't appear to be stitched into the foam, they are put in with hog rings, I guess I'll have to go get some hog ring pliers. These dang things need to come out.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u may need to wash the seat cushion as well to get the smell out completely, warm water with dawn dishsoap for that, and once you get the seat cover clean and dry i would treat it with something like scotchguard, disassembling the seat should be easy, i just took the front seats apart and its pretty straight forward, dont let it intimidate you its a piece of cake.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I had luck just removing them (the rear seats) completely and washing them. The trick is to get the seat covers to dry at the same rate so you don't end up with spots. Some timely hair dryer work helps.