Rear outlet not working (inverter)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zak62592

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I noticed my rear outlet seems to not work in my 2008 liberty. The fuses looked fine and tried different devices. When you press the button on the outlet button, it illuminates for one second then turns off. No devices power up while doing this. Even went so far as to take the back of the armrest off and make sure the connection was good

I hear maybe the inverter might be burned out but can't find a replacement anywhere online. Any other ideas? thanks!

Jon153

Reaction score
You need to invest in an electrical tester. A cheap $5 dollar one (looks like a screwdriver with a cable coming out of the handle with a light bulb built in) is the cheapest way to check the fuses. Just because they look good doesn't mean they are. The exposed (plastic) part of the fuse has an area where you can put the probe to check the continuity without pulling the fuse. if the light doesn't come on on both sides of the fuse then the fuse is bad. That being said, it does sound like an inverter problem. If the light comes on then there is power if only for a second. The electrical tester will allow you to at least check for current in the connections. As for a replacement? Try your local auto salvage yard or an online one that ships. Good luck with that.

Members online