Rear noise after JBA 4 link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put the JBA 4 link on my jeep and since then I've had a noise that sounds an awful lot like a pinion bearing going bad. I'm not sure why it would go bad just because I added the 4 link. Anybody else running one of these and getting road noise through it possibly?? I'm lifted 4 inches with coilovers in front and JBA 4 inch springs in the rear. Thanks for any input

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put the JBA 4 link on my jeep and since then I've had a noise that sounds an awful lot like a pinion bearing going bad. I'm not sure why it would go bad just because I added the 4 link. Anybody else running one of these and getting road noise through it possibly?? I'm lifted 4 inches with coilovers in front and JBA 4 inch springs in the rear. Thanks for any input

If you don't have the below specs you will have issues.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also the pinion shaft must be directly pointed at the rear tailshaft coming out of the t-case,can not be off at all.

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the install I took it to a 4x4 shop I've taken a lot of custom stuff to before and had them do an alignment and set the angle on the drive shaft. It all looks good and right.

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 4 link will transfer more sound into the passenger compartment then the factory trilink. This is do to the 4 link not having bushings to dampen the sound.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

krisP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pics of drive shaft angles and or video of said noise would help a lot here. More description of noise. Vibration? clunk ? pop? ticking? is it in relation to speed ?

jeeper03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's like a whining noise. I jacked it up last night and had a friend get in and start it then put it in drive. The noise seems to be coming more from the driver side than anywhere else. I'm going to pull the axles tonight and change both bearings and fluid to see if that helps. The noise isn't to loud which Is why I don't think I ever heard it until I put in the JBA parts and it was a harder mount to the body instead of a rubber bushing.

Latest posts

Members online