Rear Lift points for a Hilift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could help me solve this problem that I have. I am trying to figure out a way to be able to lift the rear corners of my jeep with a hilift. At the moment I am not looking to add a custom rear metal bumper. My thought is to add two points, one on each side, so that a highlift can jack up a rear tire. Thanks for your thoughts in advanced. :gr_grin:

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

So I have the hitch with a d ring in it. The only thing that I worry about with this is the stability of the vehicle if I have both wheels off of the ground.

I should probably clarify that I am trying to make this safe if I ever have to change a tire off road. On pavement I am good to go at the moment as I carry a small 3.5 ton rolling jack in the back cause I hate scissor jacks with a passion.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Without a real bumper on not really any " cheaper " ways really. You can get the hooks that go into the spokes of your wheels , but still have to have jack stands etc. Buddy has one, he used it once , huge PITA

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without a real bumper on not really any " cheaper " ways really. You can get the hooks that go into the spokes of your wheels , but still have to have jack stands etc. Buddy has one, he used it once , huge PITA

Could some extra square tubing be welded onto say the sides of the hitch and then just strengthened with supports? Or would this be putting too much of a load towards one of the back corners?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Could some extra square tubing be welded onto say the sides of the hitch and then just strengthened with supports? Or would this be putting too much of a load towards one of the back corners?

If you did that , not certain where you would weld it on at to not be in the way of the bolts that hold the hitch on. "Most " anything is possible. The tubing would have to come out far enough to clear the tire and bumper if you tried that . So if off road then more of a place to drag on rocks .

jharrisliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you did that , not certain where you would weld it on at to not be in the way of the bolts that hold the hitch on. "Most " anything is possible. The tubing would have to come out far enough to clear the tire and bumper if you tried that . So if off road then more of a place to drag on rocks .

Ok. I take it that there is no where under the plastic bumper that could be used as a building point for something like a custom D-Ring? And I would rather not drag rocks.