rear hatch glass open message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hadtomer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello. my kj is set up as an overlander-and today i really loaded for a trip. coolers...sleeping bags....beer......beer....beer..... the rear door needed some muscle to close properly- and i guess something hit the latch of the rear door window. and the rear glass hatch did not close. In have been down that road before...lock....unlock... start engine for a minute- and all was well. rear glass hatch closed.

however...now i get this message on the cosole and it says my rear glass hatch is unlocked. of course-it is closed and locked. i tried to use contact cleaner. went over the wiring. nothing...i get the same message. rear glass hatch open. and ideas?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a Micro-switch inside the latch mechanism that indicated if the glass is latched properly.

You may have bent the switch lever a bit or the switch may need replacing.

Or you may have disturbed the latching mechanism.

Download the 2006 KJ Service Manuals here if you have not already done so: www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/KJ/

Latest posts

Members online