Rear floor lights - ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added the under dash courtesy lights last night :) I installed 2 led strips, one on each side of the front floor boards of my little lady :) Now I want to put some in the rear as well...

Question regarding this - Is there anywhere to tap into the wires to add these in to the back? Or do I need to go from the front???

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I would just add onto the front courtesy lighting circuit and run the wiring through the centre consoul adding enough slack in the wiring to account for both front seats to slide back and forth, then pop the wires out at the bottom of the sonsoul.
If you self adhesive LED strips, stick 'em to the bottom of the seat adjustment mechanism or use zap straps to attaché them.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm about to do that to my rear, I've got the front led strips and am going to wire them all to a switch when I add the rear, 5 total switches. I will post pics after the rears.

*BabyGirlJJ*

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet Ryan - thanks! I was hoping that there was a way to wire them from the back - but am thinking that there is not after doing some looking around :p

Neb - are you putting in a switch that allows you to manually turn your led strips on and off or will they still come on with doors open and what not?

I really would like to put these in the back - just need to get the best way possible to do this (possibly quickest and cheapest too) As I do LOVE me some garage time - it's getting freaking cold out here!!!!!

I am thinking of putting LED strips on the outside mirrors and thought about putting some sort of led lights behind the grill? Thoughts on this???

I also want to get some halo fogs - as that is another wiring trick because I don't have them already installed! (Factory) Spot is there - but no fogs :(

I did replace the lights behind the ac controls with blue led's though - looks pretty sweet - I am wanting to do the dash panel (speedometer) but not sure on that.

Anyone have any ideas or completed this mod?

riptricket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a ton of white SMDS...even though they look blue in the pics, that's my camera.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have them all around and with the cost of the smds and glue it cost me under $10.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hey Baby Girl,

Here's a link to some Uber cool Projector fog lamps that will directly retro fit into the factory fog lamp apertures in your 2003 bumper skin:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=320809368726&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=80710182846
They also have the Halo you desire!
This was the first example that came up... I've seen the exact same lamps sell for less money, so shop around Eh?

Also, as far as LED strips for your side view mirrors?
I bought some six inch long units at Wally World for cheap!
Something like $15.00 per pair. I bought a pair of bright red and bright white ( the brand name of Alpine here in Canada. I saw the exact same ones at Auto Zone in Washington State yesterday for under $10.00!
I am going to use the red ones directly on the bottom of the side view mirror glass(self adhesive with H/D 3M tape) as supplemental turn signal indicators so the quality "New Drivers" here can see that I am indicating a turn when they are up along side me in traffic at intersections!
I'm also going to use the six inch long bright white LED's on the bottom of the side view mirrors as "Puddle lights" so that when the doors unlock they will illuminate at the same time as the interior lighting to light up the ground directly below both front doors!
The door panels will have to be removed and both pair of wires (from the red LED's and white ones) will have to be "fished" through the side view mirrors and down into the inner door out through the rubber grommet/boot (where the power mirror control wires run) and then to the courtesy lighting and turn signal circuits.
Lighting up behind the grill should be really easy for you to accomplush...
Once again, just tap into an existing exterior lighting circuit. In this case I'd use the front parking light circuits.

When it comes to any lighting?
I am obsessed!:D

If you need any help figuring out wiring of tips or ideas, feel free to PM me anytime!
I'll be more than happy to help you.

Ps: you should see what I have in store for side marker lights and else where on our Heep!
Not mention that we'll be getting a set of VisionX Tantrum LED Strobe/rock lights very very soon!
http://www.visionxwholesale.com/categories/LED-Lighting/LED-Strobe-and-Rock-Light-Kit-(Tantrum)/
Those will be a straight foreword install.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to wire them all to a switch wired to a constant hot so I can have them on whenever I want. You could also wire them directly to an ignition hot fuse but in some blinding situations like fog and what not I like to have them all off for better visibility. Right now I have the fronts wired up to my 12v socket and it's annoying pluging them in whenever I want. I'll post a couple pics tonight of what I have now.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Baby Girl,

Here's a link to some Uber cool Projector fog lamps that will directly retro fit into the factory fog lamp apertures in your 2003 bumper skin:... Also, as far as LED strips for your side view mirrors?...I am going to use the red ones directly on the bottom of the side view mirror glass...I'm also going to use the six inch long bright white LED's on the bottom of the side view mirrors as "Puddle lights"... When it comes to any lighting?
I am obsessed!:D

If you need any help figuring out wiring of tips or ideas, feel free to PM me anytime!
I'll be more than happy to help you

Ryan, some awesome ideas! Thanks for all your contributions - you've got me thinking now! You might get a PM from me too... :smokin:

Bob