Rear Fender Flare Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I'm curious about removing the rear fender flare rear section (number 4 in the image) on a KJ. My KJ was missing it's right rear flare when I bought it and I found a guy parting out a KJ locally. I need to get the fender flare off his parts truck. Curious if there are any tips or tricks that can be shared?

What is the best way to handle the plastic clips so that they don't break upon removal?
The plastic rivets look like you just press out the centers with something small and they will just pull out?

Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

• Jeep KJ Rear rear fender flare.png
    Jeep KJ Rear rear fender flare.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 22

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can find a bag of those clips $5.99 for 100. Just be sure to get the right ones.

I know the Honda car and the Honda ATV use the same ones, just different sizes. 8mm and 10mm.

I see on the Jeeps two different lengths. Some stubby ones.
dc

For $8.99 at Harbor Freight I got a pair of pliers to remove those clips. They work nice in most cases. I have to get a hold of them just right.

They also have the pliers on line $20 for Lisle pliers.

https://www.harborfreight.com/push-pin-pliers-63700.html

WheelNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to have a link to find the cheap pins would you David? I've just been search by the Mopar P/N and they are at a minimum $3 per clip, which is a bit crazy.

I'll see if I can find a set of pliers like that around here (There's no Harbour Freight in Canada, but we do have Princess Auto, which is similar). Looks like they could really come in handy in a few spots.

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put Mopar part number into Amazon, you'll find a bag for much cheaper

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to have a link to find the cheap pins would you David? I've just been search by the Mopar P/N and they are at a minimum $3 per clip, which is a bit crazy.

I'll see if I can find a set of pliers like that around here (There's no Harbour Freight in Canada, but we do have Princess Auto, which is similar). Looks like they could really come in handy in a few spots.

Yes, Amazon. Let me find a link.

Just search internet for "Jeep Liberty push pins".

And you will see 20 or more sellers.

Maybe call them other names than push pins, and see what you get. Snap tabs, trim fasteners, I don't know what all they call them.

You can search online for LIsle push pin pliers and ... Harbor Freight and others comes up.
dc

Latest posts