Rear Differential Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ayosick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been having issues with my rear diff for about the past month and now all of the sudden shit seems to have hit the fan. I was driving home from work yesterday and whenever I stop then take a turn there is a severe binding coming from the rear end. This vibration travels throughout the entire vehicle when I take the turn. Sometimes there is a thumping noise and sometimes it is just a rubbing. I am taking it into the dealer on Saturday to have them look it over and see what is going on. Any suggestions on what to do?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the OEM trashloc(LSD)?

If so sounds like it maybe time to change the diff fluid and add new friction modifier,though it maybe to late now if you've been running that way for over a month.

If no trashloc then yes you have a major issue inside the diff.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to throw in there that the drain service with new GL5 lube requirements on the rear diff is 20,000km or every 12,000 miles.
Trac-Lok does require as mentioned an additional friction modifier. (limited slip additive)

Latest posts

Members online